Going to build this table

I may just do the same thing when I recover from a badly broken finger (really messed it up). I'd been looking for a plan similar to that, something I could fold up and store. Had been using a Workmate table when I really needed something.

Thanks for posting.

I need your help!!!!! Im not sure how to mark the top of the legs, How do you accurately trace a 1 3/8 radius???

If ya don't have a compass, use a 3 1/2" soup or vegetable can. That's the width of your leg stock so that's a perfect half circle.
And if I read the print rite that's a 1 3/4" Radius so times 2 is 3 1/2"
Hope that helps and good luck on the build!!

Tim

That's a sturdy looking table. Thanks for posting the plans and I will definitely put it on my list of small projects for the summer.

B, thanks for posting. The work area of my new Performer gets a LOT of use when I'm using the back patio. I'd love to build a table like this for the front porch, though. Very cool looking design!

I like the design also. Is there a reason that I couldn't use regular pressure treated 1x4's. They are 1/3 the cost.

I was going to do the cheaper wood, but love the color of the ceder, less then $5 A board at lowes. And it smells great when cutting/drilling

Me, personally I wouldn't use PT lumber on any food prep surface. Even when sealed the knots will leach sap, which turns to a powder that has chemicals from the whole process.
icon_smile.gif

If ya don't want to pay the cost for cedar, just use S4S pine or D-fir. Cut everytang then use a good waterproof stain before assembly, and don't leave it out in the weather for extended periods.

Tim

Tim,

Thank you for the insight. I had no idea. Theoretically I doubt that it would create an issue by why even allow it.

Kevin, Its one of those things I notice being a carpenter. My deck is PT (12yrs old)
Even nowadays I could brush the sap with my finger and still get alot of powdery residue.
Deck has been sealed numerous times and it still comes out.
PT lumber is normally Southern yellow pine, which is known for a certain resistance to rot and insects, but it also has a lot of sap which takes many years to dry out.
Add the whole PT process and you can see what I mean.

Tim

Back