Go 9ers Wings

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Wings have been really hard to come by, these are fresh and man were they good. Go 9ers

qLBlts1.jpg

gYS81YR.jpg

KZnsOVk.jpg

YWwFOPj.jpg

vLsZHJz.jpg

FCuUq5G.jpg

uaOlIYi.jpg

InunBK0.jpg

I also cooked a loaf of French Bread for the coming week's lunches

Z2ny8s4.jpg

zjTf31O.jpg

Do you love my "Tee Towles" or what???!!!

zMU4JJl.jpg

vTp8vIh.jpg

Go GIANTS....oops, I mean 9ers :)

Those look more like Tatooine towels, but 'tomato, tomahto'. Very nice looking wings. I'll have to look for that Frank's rub.

Really nice crisp on your wings. They look perfect!

What temp and for how long?

And what size Dutch oven are you cooking in for your loaves? A 5.5qt or 6.5?

I’ve been thinking of getting the Amazon branded one, 7.5q for $100.

Interesting I used that rub the other day and it seemed really bland. I was expecting a punch in the mouth. I’ll have to try it again.

Last edited:
Interesting I used that rub the urge rcmday and it seemed really bland. I was expecting a punch in the mouth. I’ll have to try it again.
It's not my favorite, but the bride likes it. There's better

Really nice crisp on your wings. They look perfect!

What temp and for how long?

And what size Dutch oven are you cooking in for your loaves? A 5.5qt or 6.5?

I’ve been thinking of getting the Amazon branded one, 7.5q for $100.
The wings were cooked at 400 indirect for just under an hour. The DO is the 5.5, perfect for breadmaking (imho)

Those look more like Tatooine towels, but 'tomato, tomahto'. Very nice looking wings. I'll have to look for that Frank's rub.
Franks is OK, the bride likes it. If you buy it, make sure you get it for a good price, LOL

There is nothing better then wings while watching the game! I keep looking at this DO

Lodge Enameled Dutch Oven, 6 Qt, Indigo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0764492S9/?tag=tvwb-20

But I think if I get it I will have to start trying to make bread like you and I am not ready for the endeavor yet so I just keep window shopping. That bread looks amazing!!!
If you're just going to make bread, this is what I would buy - it's only $40

www.walmart.com/ip/Lodge-Enameled-Cast-Iron-4-0-Quart-Dutch-Oven-in-Indigo/159378370

You can make some really good French Bread and it's very simple

The only thing I'm doing differently is I activate the yeast in the warm water & sugar (I use honey) and once there's about 1/4" of "foam" I then pour it into the the bowl. I believe the video shows adding the dough to the water. I find that activating the yeast first makes for a better rise

Speaking of rise, I put my dough in the oven (covered) and put in two glasses of hot tap water. That seems to make the yeast happy

i'll give ya this @ChuckO, your wings look AWESOME! And i'll bet the taste was perfect!

but i learned a lesson not long ago about naming (or associating) food or grilled masterpieces after favourite sports teams...
while the finished plate was OUTSTANDING, the team you attach to a particular dish can & will **** it up big time and that sucks!

I separate my love of sporting teams from my grilling/smoking....
I can control my habits, but can't control the millionaire divas playing the games i watch and cheer on (sometimes)...

Chucks wings do look awesome. I'm with Jim - need to compartmentalize the pain associated with love of pro and college sports, and not let it ruin the joy of cooking. That being said, I'm rooting for the Bengals inthe Superbowl. The Rams players are all pretty good but I don't like Stan Kronke at all, and I like the Bengal's story a lot better. Not sure I would "bet" on the Bengals, but I want to see them win.

Back