Glorious One-Man Dinner

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
My wife and kid are out of town this weekend. This past week was brutal at work, so I decided to cheer myself up with a nice dry-aged sirloin from The Meat House. Since I'm all by myself, I had no problem shelling out big $$$ for a special steak. So without further ado, here are the pics...

The damage to my wallet...

The raw sirloin...

Action shots on the Spirit S320. The steak was seasoned with some homemade rub from my brother

The finished steak, served with some locally-made feta orzo salad...

And the final plated shot. I sprinkled the sliced up steak with some flakes of Murray River finishing salt from Australia...

This was one of the best steaks I've had in a while. There have been times in the past where I've found dry-aged beef to be a little bit of a letdown, but not this time. Very concentrated and intense beefy flavor, plus great tenderness. Ah...the things one can accomplish when not having to constantly chase a toddler around the house. Thanks for checking out my photos!

What in the heck is the Meat House and why isn't there one down the block? W-h-h-h-y? Great lookin' steak, Jerome!

Wow! That is awesome! 30$/lbs!! Man great timing on getting that bad boy. For that price it better be one off the best steaks you've ever had.

very nice!!! Once in awhile you just have to splurge and spoil yourself, its good for the soul!!

Thanks for sharing, Jerome. Gorgeous cook! I felt like I had the same week (or two) went 16 days with one day off somewhere in there. Coming home to grill is such a great treat after all that. I also have a 2 year old that can distract me from the fire, but wouldnt trade him for a truck of Kobe Beef ;-)

Back