Glen Blue 26" - What is going on with values?

There are people selling these for $900, how are folks coming up with that value? I have one, nearly unused, with a spare brand new lid and bowl (original had underspray where you can see black on the bottom but it's not super noticeable). $900 seems pretty outrageous for a $430 grill?

I'm guessing it may be a nostalgic nod to the early 60s, (22" Imperial and the Galley-Que)?
It looks as though that colour was discontinued on the 22" kettles around 1968.
Maybe a limited run in the Glen Blue? It's a 26-er to boot.

Last edited:
Pure speculation on my part, I believe people are hedging on it becoming a collectable item since it is no longer being produced.

Remember, asking or listing at 7-900, is far different than actually selling. Would I pay 700 or 900 for one? Never. I almost bought a second one to keep new in box since I use the hell out of mine, but then I got to thinking, I bought it to use, because I love the color.

The value on a grill like this is whatever someone is willing to pay. If you can find that guy at the end of the rainbow willing to pay $900, good for you. I think it would take a few eBay auctions to understand the market value of these grills.

I think my black performer will do just as well as the overpriced blue one. 🤨

But I'm starting to wonder if I should find a used kettle to turn into a pizza oven.

But I'm starting to wonder if I should find a used kettle to turn into a pizza oven.
Yeah. The color is only steel deep . . . :ROFLMAO: . I recently missed a new Pizza Kettle kit for $40 on Marketplace. I'd dedicate an old kettle for that.

To be fair, I just listed my own at $750, but that’s what I’ve actually put into it including upgraded parts. I personally don’t understand profiteering on that level though.

I scored a used black 22" off of CL a few years ago, just for my Kettle Pizza configuration. I call it my "High Heat" grill.

Back