Give: Minnesota area Genesis 5000 striped porcelain hood (Sears?) to restore

BDuits

Feels too special for this to end up in a landfill.

Rare 1995 Genesis side burner 5000 grey hood with red stripes, I think it was a Sears limited edition. Works and in sound condition but filthy. Some parts replaced but could be brought back to original state. Wood replaced with OEM Weber plastics. Includes stainless flavorizer bars, porcelain side serving tray, and porcelain smoke box. Free, pickup only in Bloomington Minnesota (twin cities suburb). Message for location and pickup details. No holds.

1000000333.jpg1000000334.jpg1000000335.jpg1000000336.jpg

Last edited:
I'm running through WI & MI down to PA, then back through MI, IN, IL and WI. I doubt anybody is interested in the roughly $300 fuel premium for me to take the truck instead of the car.

OTOH, if'n anybody along the route *IS* interested in the grill and can cover the fuel premium, DM me and we can see about arrangements. Can't do this out of the goodness of my heart at the moment. :(

I'm running through WI & MI down to PA, then back through MI, IN, IL and WI. I doubt anybody is interested in the roughly $300 fuel premium for me to take the truck instead of the car.

OTOH, if'n anybody along the route *IS* interested in the grill and can cover the fuel premium, DM me and we can see about arrangements. Can't do this out of the goodness of my heart at the moment. :(
This website is full of enablers! :)

I planned on going to the Twin Cities but likely not within your time frame. There is a Martin Guitar center in St Paul I want to bring by old D12-28 to for a much needed "refresh/repair" session. After 50 years I guess it's about time :D
But, will not be until maybe this summer some time. Otherwise I would transport it back with me, and then anyone down here who wanted it would be welcome to it. Just would hate to see it become a new Hyundai :D

I planned on going to the Twin Cities but likely not within your time frame. There is a Martin Guitar center in St Paul I want to bring by old D12-28 to for a much needed "refresh/repair" session. After 50 years I guess it's about time :D
But, will not be until maybe this summer some time. Otherwise I would transport it back with me, and then anyone down here who wanted it would be welcome to it. Just would hate to see it become a new Hyundai :D
Larry, you are NOT making this any easier!

That was the standard color, along with mauve. Although the handle is throwing me off a bit. Sweet grill

I'm in Eau Claire, I would come get it and bring it back and add to the number of other Weber Genesis grills that might get fixed up.

Back