Ginger Mahogany Ribs a Winner!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I had three racks of spares to cook today, and I wanted to do something different with at least one of them. As I usually do, I did some searching here and came across a post from Joan who had asked if anyone had made the Ginger Mahogany Ribs that were posted in the Pork Recipes forum from back in 2001. It's useful to note that the post was made by Jim Minion, sharing a recipe from Chris Capell (NatureBoy) who is one of the founders of Dizzy Pig BBQ Company. Chris has never steered me wrong since I first connected with him on BBQ forums a few more years ago than I care to remember, so I decided to make his recipe with one of the racks of spares. If you are looking for something different to do with some ribs, I HIGHLY recommend giving this one a try. The flavors were spot on, and it was a really nice change of pace from the "usual".......

Out of the overnight marinade:

1625461189360.jpeg

On the pit:

1625461206365.jpeg

Finishing sauce finished:

1625461221908.jpeg

Plated up with some appropriate garnish:

1625461249663.jpeg

I also riffed a bit on Malcom's cheesy sausage balls from howtobbqright.com (homemade spanish-style chorizo, cheddar cheese, bacon):

1625461286074.jpeg

......and some beef ribs:

1625461324482.jpeg

I'm stuffed! :)

R

I had three racks of spares to cook today, and I wanted to do something different with at least one of them. As I usually do, I did some searching here and came across a post from Joan who had asked if anyone had made the Ginger Mahogany Ribs that were posted in the Pork Recipes forum from back in 2001. It's useful to note that the post was made by Jim Minion, sharing a recipe from Chris Capell (NatureBoy) who is one of the founders of Dizzy Pig BBQ Company. Chris has never steered me wrong since I first connected with him on BBQ forums a few more years ago than I care to remember, so I decided to make his recipe with one of the racks of spares. If you are looking for something different to do with some ribs, I HIGHLY recommend giving this one a try. The flavors were spot on, and it was a really nice change of pace from the "usual".......

Out of the overnight marinade:

View attachment 32012

On the pit:

View attachment 32013

Finishing sauce finished:

View attachment 32014

Plated up with some appropriate garnish:

View attachment 32015

I also riffed a bit on Malcom's cheesy sausage balls from howtobbqright.com (homemade spanish-style chorizo, cheddar cheese, bacon):

View attachment 32016

......and some beef ribs:

View attachment 32017

I'm stuffed! :)

R
That’s a fine looking feast!

Dang! I don't even know why I show up with my mediocre posts. I'm looking for a pork rib changeup, so this one is getting a bookmark.

Dang! I don't even know why I show up with my mediocre posts. I'm looking for a pork rib changeup, so this one is getting a bookmark.
It's definitely worth it.....I may keep it in the regular rotation since I'm always cooking more than one rack of ribs anyway! :) Let us know what you think.

Oh, and FWIW, your posts are not mediocre!

R

#1 Your posts are not mediocre and #2. Have you checked the pork thread here? I found this one on page 1 of the pork recipes. I haven't checked lately, but I am sure there are a lot more good stuff to be rediscovered.

Back