Getting the little grill some cook time.

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
Earlier this week my mother-in-law took my girls out so it was just three of us for dinner. Simple meal of chicken and rice. What made it photo worthy was I got to use the smoky joe. I don't get to use that often. Took half the time and very little coal to get it going, man I enjoyed it.
IMG_20221207_171637.jpg

IMG_20221207_170709.jpg

IMG_20221207_171524.jpg

IMG_20221207_171752.jpg

IMG_20221207_173530.jpg

In college, that grill made my dinner 4x a week. Much love for the Joe. And I burnt a few wings in those days too. Operator error for sure.

Looks very good, Michael. It is fun using a grill that hasn't been dusted off in a while. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Your Mother-in-law has to be wondering why the others are begging her to take the girls out again.

Last edited:
Nice to see you using your SJ, they're great for a quick cook. With it just being Barb and myself, we used our SJ a lot although not in the past couple of years. I picked up an 18.5 Jumbo Joe and been using that as I can do indirect with it. Use one of the charcoal bins from my performer. Also made a vortex out of a SS dog bowl so I can do wings and KFC on it. It's a lot easier to clean than the performer.

I really need to get the brand new one out of it’s box and use it! The Overperformer is just right out there ready after a quick swipe of the snow brush, I just can’t make myself get back in the corner, get it out and assemble it!

Back