Genesis Silver C Manifold Needed

Erik H.

TVWBB Fan
I currently have a 2000 Genesis Silver B. A buddy of mine gave me the side burner off a Silver C, but not the manifold, so I need a Silver C manifold to use the side burner. Anyone have an extra they would be willing to sell? I don't want to pay for a new one (which is pushing $100). Thanks!

Erik

Hi Erik,
I might be wrong, but check your Silver B manifold. I think you might find a small plug that screws out, so the gas line for the side burner can be attached.

I am away from home at the moment otherwise I would check for you.

I think you will find as Stephen said there should be a plugged threaded fitting on the bottom of your B manifold. That's for the side burner, at least that's the way it is on the 1000 series.

I think they eliminated that plug on non side burner models by that time. So if you have a letter type (A, B, C) than you need the whole manifold made for the side burner application unlike the older (and IMO better) I, II, III or 1000, 2000, 3000 etc.

If it's like LMichaels says possibly a "T" fitting might work if it only has one outlet. I've seen a lot of no name grills with side burners use that method. I know true value has tons of fittings so that might be a place to try.

Hi Erik,
Here are some photos of a 1000 series manifold.

The inlet is on the RHS, and it has two gas 'take off' points, centre and LHS (not sure what the LHS would be for ??)

A close up of the centre 'take off' point, where you connect tthe side burner.

If your manifold does not have these 'take off' points as LMichels suggests, then Rich's idea of a T fitting should be an easy fix, install post regulator and pre or at manifold, where the inlet is,top of this photo. (Ignore the thermocouple valve on this one, you will not have that on yours.)

Does that thing have a thermocouple? We don't have nice things like that in the US. Here if the flame goes out the gas keeps running and builds up. And heaven help you if you don't ventilate it BEFORE relighting it........................................BOOM LOL

Back