Genesis Silver B?

SStratton

I am a complete novice when it comes to this whole world of restoring vintage Weber grills. I recently picked this grill up on the curb for free. It looked salvageable to me, so I thought it would be a good easy introductory rehab project. I’m not 100% sure exactly what model it is because the model/serial number sticker is too worn out to decipher what it says. From looking around the web it looks like an early 2000’s Genesis Silver B? The side burner appears to me some kind of add on accessory kit? Like I said above, I’m completely new to this and will welcome any suggestions or advice on how to get started.

IMG_6287.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6288.jpeg
    IMG_6288.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6289.jpeg
    IMG_6289.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6290.jpeg
    IMG_6290.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6291.jpeg
    IMG_6291.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 10
The side burner makes it a Silver C.

I'm going to guess 2002 or 2003 model year from a few clues on the frame.

edit: There is tag on the right-hand side of the control panel, between the control panel and the side burner. It may be faded and unreadable, but if you can read the serial number the first two letters will tell the year.

again, I'm guessing DD ( 2002) or maybe DT ( 2003 )

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! I would start by cleaning up everything as well as you can and determining what you are going to need just to get it working again. It looks like you could use a new set of burner tubes and flavorizer bars for example. You can find many reasonably priced replacement parts on Amazon.

I think that your instincts about a simple rehab project are correct. It looks like a complete grill that quite possibly even works. I would suggest going one step at a time while keeping the grill functional rather than tearing the whole thing apart and trying to do a museum-quality restoration. Despite the age, many parts are available from various sources as well. Best of luck!

Nice grill!! You're gong to like cooking on it. Yup, even with my bad eyes I think that's an SWE frame - so Dan is right, 2002-2003. You can look for casting dates when you work on it to get a better idea.

Just a couple quick tips...

When you take out the burner tubes do not remove the little screws at the left hand side of the tubes. After removing the manifold, just lightly pry between the cookbox and the tubes to walk them out. Then clean the junk out of the mounting pads where those screws are and slide the new ones in.

You will need to put the two new outer tubes into the cookbox first (but not under the screws yet) and then carefully work the crossover tube (mostly missing on yours) into the burners, centering the crossover so the burners end up at the right spacing. Then slide the assembly under those little screws.

The correct handle for that time period has the centered "trapezoidal" grip area but the earlier Silver handles will fit.

King Kong (on Amazon) makes a pretty nice cover for it if you want one.

Back