Genesis LP E325S lighting issue

GregKaufman

Good morning! My name is Greg & I live on the North Coast USA (northern Ohio)
Love the forum so far!

If the admin needs to move this post to the appropriate thread; please do so; Have a 9-month-old Genesis LP E325S
grill has been flawless until 2 days ago; turned on LP tank, let line fill, turned on 1st burner, hit ignite and all 3 burners ignited.
yes, the other 2 and the "sear" burner" was in off position. Shut off gas to 1st burner and flame did not go out. Shut off LP tank & disconnected gas line from tank. Tried again yesterday and all is good? I have a feeling it may be a regulator issue. Local Ace hardware has not heard of this issue, but they did find a forum where some others are having the same problem. Been in conversation with Weber and now they want me to send a video of me starting the grill? This ain't my 1st rodeo.... curious if anybody else has a possible answer? Sorry admins if not posted in correct thread.

Good morning Greg,
I don’t know of a better way to introduce oneself here than with an interesting question! I have absolutely no clue about what the problem might be but, rest assured that you will get some well considered feedback and ideas about what may have gone a little sideways. I’m primarily a coal guy so, my knowledge of the oddities of them is severely limited.
Any favorite grilling projects?

Hi Greg, welcome to the forum. That's an odd problem you are describing, never heard of that one. My first guess would be a problem with the burner valves. Is there any play in the knobs when you turn them on or off?

Seriously doubt a regulator issue. As about the only thing that could MAYBE happen there, would be the regulator failing in a very high pressure position. But, then, if that happened you'd be showing is photos of your face with all the hair singed off, not complaining of an errant burner. My guess? You (or someone else) got a bit over zealous twisting the knobs and perhaps broke the keyway when they were shut off. Causing the valves to be falsely positioned

Does that grill have a crossover tube on the burners? When it malfunctioned, were the flames normal height?

Back