Genesis ll thoughts

I have also had very good success with Marsh Fasteners who carry a lot of 304 and 316 stainless. They also have local stores in various places or you can order online. The shipping, though, makes it pricey for just a few parts.

Thanks guys will check them out. Btw i got the screws in Michigan at Menards while visiting family. I like Menards better than Lowes and Home Depot. No Menards in Georgia.
I tried local Ace no luck there either.

Last edited:
Thanks guys will check them out. Btw i got the screws in Michigan at Menards while visiting family. I like Menards better than Lowes and Home Depot. No Menards in Georgia.
I tried local Ace no luck there either.

I'm surprised you didn't find what you need at Ace. My local Westlake ace has a huge selection of stainless screws. bolts, nuts and washers. I've replaced all those parts on my grill from Ace.

They do have tons ss but not in the size of the small burner tab hold down screw.
They had non ss screws in the size needed but i already have that.

I was checking out these grills @ Lowes this Monday - they had the PCI grates which I liked, and the prices seemed to be reduced but the one I liked the most was ~$850.

The quality seemed to be there but I was just lifting lids for a couple minutes while picking up spring lawn care things.

search "nut & bolt" and nearby cities. There's probably 4 near me I've been to multiple times over the years, and more than a few that I've never stopped by.

Went to Fastenal today. They had 18-8 SS 10-24x1/4 slotted round head. 1/4 is perfect length don't get longer screws they won’t fit. About $4 for a 10 pack.
Got home and mounted them.
Two for the warming rack and three for the burners.
I was wrong in the previous post. The burners DO COME OUT with the burner tabs screws in place. But is a VERY tight fit. After a few years i dont know if the burners will slide out. Deja vu all over again. Reminds me of the Silver A and B and C burner screw issue.
So i would still recommend replacing the screws just in case.
It seems the ghost of Genesis Silver burner screws is still here....

Last edited:
I have the Genesis 310 II but have not used it yet. I replaced all the screws on it with SS there are about 22 to 26 screws. By the way I got the 1/2 screws bags from Menards. There are lots and lots of screws ALL over the place, back, front, sides, burners, frames, etc. I suggest replacing all these, if not in 10 years they will all be rusted in oblivion. Bunch of them are under the cover pain to get to.
Problem is the screws that hold down the burners I cannot find any SS screws that size. These need to be 1/4 long but cant find them. I found 1/2 but they are too long they don’t hold down the burner.
100% quarantee that in 5 to 10 years the screws will rust and one Will HAVE to cut the tab that holds the burner.
So I am not using it until I find the screws.

Could you post a link to the SS screws you used?

Back