Genesis Jr on the FBMP

Joe Zoots

TVWBB Super Fan

Says it’s located at Cactus and 64th St. Arizona? Waaaay out of my zip code. Hope someone grabs it

The black wood is interesting. I don't think that was factory on any of the Genesis Jr grills. The left hand shelf is definitely not standard on Jr grills and is too big anyway. I do kind of like the black though.

I haven't seen a ton of those, but always thought they looked kind of unfinished on the left side with the frame rails just kind of sticking out. Was there something that fit over those rails originally? A shelf or basket of some kind.

No, Steve, as I understand it, they were just there simply as handles. But, I have been wrong before regarding Weber grills. I also think they look a bit strange, like something is missing. I suppose you might be able to put some frame extensions for a regular Genesis grill on that side though.

Somebody made a correctly sized shelf for the left side of a Junior once and I thought that was cool, and looked good too. Man, I'd love to get my hands on a Jr.
I will keep you in mind if I ever get one of my rehab ones finished!

Everything I have ever seen including an actual owners manual shows the left side as just those little extensions. I think they were trying to make the grill smaller to market it as an apartment or other smal location grill.

My guess is that the table you see there on the left was originally the fold-down table on the right and that the hinge failed and the enterprising owner figured he would still get some use out of it. I think the wood has been stained with ebony or some other really dark stain. It does make for an interesting look.

Jon you're too far away for that idea! Plus, I'm saying I'd like one, but in reality I don't. It's just the disease talking.

I've had the 2000 for shoot, five or six years now, and it needs some attention on the wood slats and probably a good disassembly and cleaning at some point when it's hot out. I'm really happy with the Genesis, and it takes care of all of my needs: regular hamburger and hot dogs, different meat grilled such as London broils or pork loins, and it is a fantastic rotisserie machine. Now that I've got a receptacle mounted on the wall and a light above, I should just focus on keeping this one in the best shape I can. Plenty to do in that regard every year or two without worrying about modifying burner tubes for a Junior!

I think you are right on the left hand table. I didn't even realize the swing table on the right was missing.

See, that left hand short table is just nice-looking. And big enough to hold one thing. like a bev.

The problem with setting a "beverage" there is that it is very close to the cook box. Not optimal for a drink that you want to keep cold.

Somebody made a correctly sized shelf for the left side of a Junior once and I thought that was cool, and looked good too. Man, I'd love to get my hands on a Jr.
I did the Side shelf on my JR and I think Dave in KC had done so as well.

Attachments

• 5FB7A094-29C6-4766-908E-71AD56960490.jpeg
    5FB7A094-29C6-4766-908E-71AD56960490.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 11
  • E8FF31C0-ACB5-4DD3-90E3-9BB7B59FD46F.jpeg
    E8FF31C0-ACB5-4DD3-90E3-9BB7B59FD46F.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 11
Though not original, it does look more balanced with that added small shelf. If not an ice cold Cheerwine :cool: , you can at least set a spatula down on that side. Looks nice and practical, too. Hard to beat that!

Back