Genesis Gold NG to LP

Thanks Bruce,
I think I am going to need a bigger pan and a turkey fryer in the future to do this kind of job. So, I can set this up outside in the future. And definitely more dye.

I was thinking about going gray on gray with my grill by using a gray silver handle. It was discolored in the middle because of a grill light attachment, so I attempted to heat the ends with a heat gun, to bring it back to matching life.
Unfortunately, all I did was burn it. I just thought I would make post of an example of what "not" to do.

View attachment 95378
I saw a new one of those for sale on eBay.

Added an inside mount tank scale. It is not the right one for this grill, since the orientation is not right. but it works for now
Appears I will need a temp gauge. I think there is a Weber one on Amazon.

Tank Scale pic 1.jpgTemp guage pic 1.jpg

Lid handle after applying Aerospace 303. Not the deep black I had hoped for, but it may be darker when the shade hits.

Genesis Silver Handle pic 4..jpgGenesis Silver Handle pic 3.jpg

In the Shade:

Genesis Silver Handle pic 5.jpg

Last edited:
Steve, I believe I found the lid handle you were referring to. New $50 plus $15 shipping and actually there are more options used. Thanks.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I was going to do the Master Touch Wheel's with Chuck's Inserts mod on this one like I did on my other grill, but Chuck sent me the wrong insert. No worries he said he would send the correct one right out. I am not concerned for I have ordered a pair in the past. He stated that Master Touch has two wheel options and the ones he sent me were from the older ones. Not sure I have seen those, but I would suggest in your order you might send a pic of the wheel you have so there is not any confusion. You can see from the pic these inserts are somewhat larger.

Master Touch Wheel Mod.jpg

I have some black endcaps. The right would match the current worktable, but the left is for a curved worktable. I have seen pics of users applying them. I am not sure if I want to go that route. Here is an example of how they look when applied. (This is not my grill)

Green Silver C.jpg

Wheel Update:
So, Chuck stated the 1st inserts he sent me by mistake would fit an older Genesis Grill. So this evening I checked, and they fit the oem wheels on this grill. So, I will use 1st ones he sent here and save the New Master Touch inserts on the more robust wheel for my Platinum. I offered him compensation since he is sending me two sets I am just waiting for his reply. At least he is making right. He has excellent customer service, and I will buy again.

Where did you source the tool hooks?
I would like some more for my SSP and Summit

I got them from a curb alert of an old Genesis 1000.
I kept the lid, tool hook handles, and grease tray.
and no longer have the grease tray.

Green Weber 1.jpg

Last edited:
Me too Bruce. Turned out I did not have the curved worktable left trim like I thought. It was square worktable left trim and it fit perfect. I either got that off a Silver C or a Spirit but I cannot remember.

Back