Genesis ep330.

Not to muddy the water, but can you convert a year 2000 Silver B from NG to LP by just changing the orifices, hose, and regulator?
Thanks!

This thread from 2018 is a cautionary tale of NG > LP conversion. LM spent a lot of time coaching the guy.

This is certainly a topic that could use a good video explanation of LP > NG and NG > LP conversions and frankly with the goal of directing people toward manifold replacement rather than drilling out orifices, replacing regulators, etc.

More related threads:

Here's a photo of a hi/med/low spool valve:

cleaning-lubricating-gas-grill-valves-1.jpg

Here's a photo of a continuous spool:

NtzGP5J.jpg

BHeemsoth.jpg

Boy, the more I look, the more I see just how many times LM has posted about this subject. A comprehensive sticky + video would allow him to retire from the forum. Kidding! :D

Last edited:
Here are two pictures of the older high med low spools. Natural gas on the left, LP on the right.IMG_20200406_172315140.jpg
IMG_20200406_172357264.jpg

You can see the orifices on the LP spools are smaller. It's not an optical illusion. I took drill bits that just fit in the natural gas orifices and tried to fit them into the LP orifices. They didn't fit.

Gerry

Thank you for putting this out there. So for those who are trying to understand, Chris was nice enough to post photos of the continuous spool and now you have these to look at. I hope this clarifies why you cannot simply change the main metering orifice and expect it to work

Back