Genesis endcap sandblasting

MikeAlt

TVWBB Member
I have found someone that will sand blast my end caps on a genesis silver b.
They have offered powder coating in a crinkle finish to match original. They did
offer two different finishes
1 like original rough crinkle or 2 rough crinkle look smoother finish. Both look
good which would you go with?

I have found someone that will sand blast my end caps on a genesis silver b.
They have offered powder coating in a crinkle finish to match original. They did
offer two different finishes
1 like original rough crinkle or 2 rough crinkle look smoother finish. Both look
good which would you go with?
I have no clue why this posted in a different font

I had my end caps and cookbox powder coated on my Genesis 1200 Platinum series. The only finish offered was smooth and shiny, which I like. Given a choice, I would have gone with the more original look. I don't think you're wrong either way. It's going to look really nice.

Yeah, I think ‘riginal would be what I’d do or, super high gloss to go the complete opposite! I know, I’m not helping. But, I am Enabling!

Be sure to verify that it will be a high temp powder coating.
I would specifically ask if they will guarantee it to 1000 degrees.

GOod point Dave. The shop that does my sand blasting is a Powder coating shop and they only have a couple "high temp" colors....or at least a couple that I would consider for grill end caps.

I don't remember...tons for regular jobs, but for grills, I only looked at black.

GOod point Dave. The shop that does my sand blasting is a Powder coating shop and they only have a couple "high temp" colors....or at least a couple that I would consider for grill end caps.
My sandblasting/powder coating guy said the same. Out the window went a yellow or red PK grill. At least he had silver!

I am sure there are more colors, but Dave is absolutely right that you better check to be sure what temperature the powder coating you are getting can handle.

Back