Genesis E-330 Broken Knob

JacobE

I have a genesis E-330 and one of the big knobs came off. The gold colored metal peice marked with 84512, spring, and black rubber gasket also came out. I tried putting it back in but it just turns and turns and doesnt seem to catch. Picture of the parts below. How do I fix this?

cAc479h.jpg

Dan Leighton

TVWBB Pro
Jacob:
Kelvin sent you a great video on how to get to the valve. I have a suspicion that something either unscrewed off the valve body or a clip. A great place to check would be on that lower panel under the valves or inside the rubber gasket. Otherwise, you will need to replace the valve. Try getting a new one under warranty from Weber.

Jon Tofte

TVWBB Olympian
Jacob,

I am not sure but if you are the original owner I am going to be really shocked (angry:mad:?) if Weber doesn't make that right for you. You need to go online at Weber.com and set up an account and register the grill first.

JacobE

Jacob,

I am not sure but if you are the original owner I am going to be really shocked (angry:mad:?) if Weber doesn't make that right for you. You need to go online at Weber.com and set up an account and register the grill first.

I am the original owner. I did order a replacement part from grillParts.com and I reached out to weber to see if they could do anything for me.

Kelvin in AB

TVWBB Fan
Let us know if Weber helps you out... Did you go to Weber and register your Grill...? I think many here are following to see if Weber helps you...Thanks

Kelvin in AB

TVWBB Fan
I know the Gas knob would be turned .. ON and then OFF multiple times... but i have had my E 320 for more then 10 Plus years and have never had a problem. There will soon come a time when parts will no longer be available and discontinued... ouch.

Dan Leighton

TVWBB Pro
Jacob: I would pursue Weber to get another valve under warranty once you get it registered. At least you will have a spare on hand should another valve fail.

Kelvin: Other than trim pieces, parts for our grills will be around for a long, long time, especially if we keep maintaining our valves. Our biggest concern will be looking out for rust in the lower cabinet/caster areas.

JacobE

I did file a support case with Weber to see if they will send a new valve. I think the valve is only 2 yr warranty however....