Genesis E-330 Broken Knob

Weber agreed to send a replacement free of charge out of warranty.

Well, we have lamented and complained the times their warranty has been a letdown or maybe an individual customer service agent was ill-informed or non-cooperative. So, we need to likewise applaud them when they do the right thing. I doubt you would have been able to do anything like that with Nexgrill, Charbroil, Expert and similar. Weber has changed, and like many wish that the Stephens family:george: was still in charge. However, this shows they still have an interest in doing right by their customers.:smilekettle:

Last edited:
Well I would not throw Member's Mark into your naughty list because they will specifically replace the entire grill or refund your $$$ if you're EVER unhappy with it so IMHO that trumps anything Weber can/will offer. Costco is the same. All they ask is you save your receipt. Weber doesn't even actually never did come close to that type of guarantee

Well I would not throw Member's Mark into your naughty list because they will specifically replace the entire grill or refund your $$$ if you're EVER unhappy with it so IMHO that trumps anything Weber can/will offer. Costco is the same. All they ask is you save your receipt. Weber doesn't even actually never did come close to that type of guarantee

Well if that's still true about Member's Mark, then I agree and they should NOT have been on my list. Instead, they should be applauded - oh, and keep your receipts... That's a CPA's advice for April 12th:rolleyes:! I will fix my earlier thread.

I have heard - maybe incorrectly - that Costco no longer is so liberal about returning something like a grill. Do you know if there is any truth to that?

Not sure. I don't think people would be as inclined to return a grill as say an appliance. My buddy buys these high end blenders Vitamix. Whenever a newer model comes out he takes the old one back to Costco, and they happily exchange it. They are nearly as much $$$ as a grill. I think most people pass on taking the grill back because of the size issue

Just for information.... you No longer need to save or bring your receipt back to Costco. All you need to do is bring your item back to the customer Service desk and they will look up your item in your purchase history on there computer. They will then provide your refund or exchange as you require. Thanks. ps, I'm a Costco member.

Not sure. I don't think people would be as inclined to return a grill as say an appliance. My buddy buys these high end blenders Vitamix. Whenever a newer model comes out he takes the old one back to Costco, and they happily exchange it. They are nearly as much $$$ as a grill. I think most people pass on taking the grill back because of the size issue

I put my member's Mark grill out to the curb for trash pickup after about 2 years. I liked it at first. In the beginning it cooked evenly, had lots of space, and overall was just a good grill. but I was so mad that it had deteriorated to the condition it did after a couple years I didn't feel like messing with it anymore. As far as high or low and grills go I think I paid about 400 which is not a lot for the size and features. Which also may be why it didn't hold up.

My buddy buys these high end blenders Vitamix. Whenever a newer model comes out he takes the old one back to Costco, and they happily exchange it.
This kind of abuse of the policy is exactly why so many companies have watered down their return policies and warranties. People like that end up ruining things for the rest of us.

This kind of abuse of the policy is exactly why so many companies have watered down their return policies and warranties. People like that end up ruining things for the rest of us.

Agreed. I posted a story before about a lady returning a dried-up dead Christmas tree to Costco after Christmas. Because of their return policy they refunded her money.

On another note, I know it was mentioned on another thread but Costco is selling the Genesis II S-345 grill now. I believe that grill model was made for Costco only as you can't find it at the the HD, Lowes, etc... It does come with the igrill 3, 4 probes and a cover all for $999.99. Not that I'd buy one but I believe that's pretty good since it does come with the Weber warranty and now Costco.

Not condoning it, in this case simply reporting. I do condone it though if the company says "lifetime satisfaction guarantee" than why not. I did the same with a MM grill I bought a number of years ago.

Weber agreed to send a replacement free of charge out of warranty.

i didn't realize at first, but they sent an entire regulator and all four regulator valves instead of just the one regulator valve....so now I have a replacement regulator and three valves :)

Back