Genesis E-310 too hot...

not to hijack your post but im experiencing the same issue on my spirit 500. it gets to over 600 in like less than 10min
i cleaned the burners already and no matter how i adjust the air/fuel adjuster it still gets hot but im able to tame down the orange flames. maybe new burners are in order.

first pic is on high, second is on low. looks normal?

also, as i was cleaning the knob. i unscrew those 2 screw in an attemp to clean the inside. well i kept turning and turning for some reason and forgot how many rotations ive done lol. when i first went to restart it, i turned the knob to low and the flame would turn off. re-adjusted by turning it one full rotation and it was back to normal.

Attachments

• 20210520_194746.jpg
    20210520_194746.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210520_194800.jpg
    20210520_194800.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210520_192229.jpg
    20210520_192229.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 9
You DO NOT remove those screws. They are intended to not be removed. They are simply place holders for the tubes. Remove the manifold and the tubes should pull back out from under them. If not, grab a large flat blade screwdriver and pry them out from the very left end.

You DO NOT remove those screws. They are intended to not be removed. They are simply place holders for the tubes. Remove the manifold and the tubes should pull back out from under them. If not, grab a large flat blade screwdriver and pry them out from the very left end.
Thanks Bruce, that worked other than one of my manifold screws breaking off...guess I didn’t know my own strength. Lol. Got the tubes replaced just need to deal with the screw now

not to hijack your post but im experiencing the same issue on my spirit 500. it gets to over 600 in like less than 10min
i cleaned the burners already and no matter how i adjust the air/fuel adjuster it still gets hot but im able to tame down the orange flames. maybe new burners are in order.

first pic is on high, second is on low. looks normal?

also, as i was cleaning the knob. i unscrew those 2 screw in an attemp to clean the inside. well i kept turning and turning for some reason and forgot how many rotations ive done lol. when i first went to restart it, i turned the knob to low and the flame would turn off. re-adjusted by turning it one full rotation and it was back to normal.
Ok, problem solved. Apparently, after I put in my flavorizer bars and grates, it took about 15min to get to 550. LOL
I only tested it without those is because the previous owner toss it out and I had to get new ones. This is a restore for me.

So I installed new burners and it’s better but still doesn’t seem right. Temp is maxing out at 600 now instead of 650 but with all 3 burners on low it’s at 425. Any other ideas/suggestions?

I'm in a similar spot. My new-to-me (approx 2013) Genesis 330 front control ( converted from NG to propane) gets hot quick which is great for most things I use this grill for, however it gets hot and stays hot. Two outer burners on low is just shy of 400F.

I would like lower temps for some cooks.

Is an adjustable regulator an option? Would it make sense to put the regulators in series or is that just a bad idea?

I have never heard of dual regulators being used to tamp down fuel flow. But, I have heard that using those adjustable regulators is a bad idea for grills. Grill run at relatively low pressure and the adjustable regulators are designed for much higher pressure. Dialing them in for use in a regular gas grill is not what they are designed for. I would just find a good regulator that is designed for gas grills. If necessary, buy an OEM Weber regulator and hose but you should be able to find an aftermarket one for about 1/4 the price.

The only way I get a "Low enough" temperature to do chicken wings etc is Left med, middle low, right low....Wings on 3 min each side over the left (to put some grill marks on it) and then turn the left off...With the middle low and right low the grill is about 350F....That's normal. Cook like that for 20-25 min...perfect no flame up wings.

I'm in a similar spot. My new-to-me (approx 2013) Genesis 330 front control ( converted from NG to propane) gets hot quick which is great for most things I use this grill for, however it gets hot and stays hot. Two outer burners on low is just shy of 400F.

I would like lower temps for some cooks.

Is an adjustable regulator an option? Would it make sense to put the regulators in series or is that just a bad idea?
Because you did not read the thread we posted about this very thing. Weber many times uses entirely different valves between the two fuels. Anyone who told you that simply changing an orifice or two would work lied and ripped you off

Because you did not read the thread we posted about this very thing. Weber many times uses entirely different valves between the two fuels. Anyone who told you that simply changing an orifice or two would work lied and ripped you off

I read the thread before bought the grill, and before I bought replacement orifices. No one lied or ripped me off.

When I did the conversion, I could not find a manifold at a decent price that was actually in stock so I went this route.

I like the high heat output for the majority of things I cook on this grill, yet I'm looking into options to tone it down for some slower cooks where I'd rather not use the pellet smoker, or my BG egg. And, I still have my 22yo silver B yet I'll likely give this to a family member as I'm a little tight on space.

We'll see what options I have. I might replace the manifold afterall but I'm waiting for a note back from the seller that it really is available.

Dan, find an old curb alert or cheap grill for sale and strip the parts you need. That is usually the cheapest and getting to be the only route for most parts on these older grills.

after spending the whole day watching the stupid gas burner, while the jung cooked, i definitely would be weary of any gas valves, etc.

The grill will not be any "hotter" on "high" if the orifices are correctly sized. The issues come in that Weber purposely did not make it "easy" to do a conversion as other companies do. So low and med will always run substantially hotter than they should. Forcing you to turn burners off to regulate temps

Back