Genesis 300-330 Replacement Stainless Screws

Briant PA

I was wondering if anyone had any luck finding high quality stainless screws for their Genesis 300-330 (2011-2017) grills? I'd like to have spares on hand and replace any screws in or close to the firebox with high quality 316 or 304 stainless if possible. I wish Weber would share what size and thread screws they used, especially for burner tubes (on this model grill you take them out when replacing the burners), grill box screw and fastener, and the heat deflector shield.

After 7 years of grilling, the screws inside the firebox are corroding away and rather find high quality replacements that will last that time frame.

Best thing to do is to probably take out whatever nuts, bolts and screws that you want to replace and take them to the HW store or Fastenal and match them up. Or look on line for replacements.

Best thing to do is to probably take out whatever nuts, bolts and screws that you want to replace and take them to the HW store or Fastenal and match them up. Or look on line for replacements.

In addition to Fastenal, you can also try Marsh Fasteners. They have a good selection of most every size of 304 and the even better 316 stainless hardware. If you are lucky there is one (or one of their competitors) near you. Otherwise, like Bruce says, order online.

Thank you for recommendations where to look - I'll have to see what if I can find out what the sizes are. One thing is the burner screws according to one website description are 1/2" long with 8mm slotted hex heads. I try putting that into a search engine at some of the recommended sites and it stops because it gets confused between if I'm looking for metric or standard.

Last edited:
Briant: If you are talking about the screws that hold the left end of the burners down, DO NOT remove them. They are not supposed to be removed and many times, you will wind up twisting them off if you do.

Briant: If you are talking about the screws that hold the left end of the burners down, DO NOT remove them. They are not supposed to be removed and many times, you will wind up twisting them off if you do.
I think you are thinking the old side controls genesis with east-west burner configuration. The front control Genesis with north-south burners do usually require the screws being removed for burner removal, in fact Weber send four screws in their 3 burner replacement package.

Yep Briant. I was indeed. I deal mostly with the older E/W burner grills and tend to forget that I live in the past.

Yep Briant. I was indeed. I deal mostly with the older E/W burner grills and tend to forget that I live in the past.
No problem, actually my current screws are corroded enough that a bit of gentle twisting of the burners they can be taken out. I would like to find an option for screws and fasteners that outlast the burners they hold down.

No problem, actually my current screws are corroded enough that a bit of gentle twisting of the burners they can be taken out. I would like to find an option for screws and fasteners that outlast the burners they hold down.

Briant, the N/S burners on my S330 come out without removing the screws just like the old E/W burners. Once you have them out clean/scrape all the gunk out from around the screw and the burner should slide back in. I can actually slide my burners side to side slightly under the screw head.

Briant, the N/S burners on my S330 come out without removing the screws just like the old E/W burners. Once you have them out clean/scrape all the gunk out from around the screw and the burner should slide back in. I can actually slide my burners side to side slightly under the screw head.

I must have more of the screw metal left than you, sliding front to back the manifold keeps them from going far enough forward to slide out though I read someone say they loosen their manifold so they can slide the forward enough to get past the screw head. Now if I twist them a bit side to side while lifting I can get them off without removing the screw but my main goal for this post is to find replacement screws and fasteners that will last.

I should have said I take the manifold off first. If it was me I would leave them in and clean out around them really good so the burners slide in under the head. If you break them off you will have to drill them out and they quite often break off. I really don’t enjoy drilling screws out of these fire boxes but that is just me.

I should have said I take the manifold off first. If it was me I would leave them in and clean out around them really good so the burners slide in under the head. If you break them off you will have to drill them out and they quite often break off. I really don’t enjoy drilling screws out of these fire boxes but that is just me.

Thanks for the clarification and I agree nobody wants to break a screw off , especially in the firebox! I see the older genesis models everyone seems to have great suggestions for replacement parts and wanted to see what’s available for our generation grills.

Thanks for the clarification and I agree nobody wants to break a screw off , especially in the firebox! I see the older genesis models everyone seems to have great suggestions for replacement parts and wanted to see what’s available for our generation grills.

I totally understand. After reading on this forum, when I bought mine new I went and bought all new stainless 304 nuts, bolts and screws to put it together with. I did not remove and replace those burner screws though. 😆

Hope you can find what you need.

Back