Genesis 2 restoration complete!

Looks good, do you have the parts for the left side swing table?
I have one set. I'm working on having the part duplicated by a sheet metal fabricator. The rod's the easy part. there is a replacement end cap available the holds the rod. you usually have to buy full or half sheet of 1/16 ' sheet metal, but the bending is affordable

Leandro,
That turned out spectacularly!

I am really glad you were able to get that frame before I moved up here to winter country. It looks great to see a beautiful Weber in the Florida sunshine🌞🌴. The only problem I see is how you are going to bring yourself to set that first cook on those pristine grates and firebox! :giggle: I feel fortunate and honored to have had a small hand in helping you and am glad the long round trip worked out.

It was great to meet you and have a mini-TVWBB meet in South Florida:coolkettle:.

Leandro,
That turned out spectacularly!

I am really glad you were able to get that frame before I moved up here to winter country. It looks great to see a beautiful Weber in the Florida sunshine🌞🌴. The only problem I see is how you are going to bring yourself to set that first cook on those pristine grates and firebox! :giggle: I feel fortunate and honored to have had a small hand in helping you and am glad the long round trip worked out.

It was great to meet you and have a mini-TVWBB meet in South Florida:coolkettle:.
Hahaha yea I almost don’t want to use it hahahaha .

So to close the story finally found a pic of the grill that inspired me to find a redhead and restore it , my parents old grill ! And to my surprise it was actually a genesis 2 as well!

I thought it may have been a genesis 2000 but nope definitely genesis 2. So this made my restore even more special to me!

Haha for us with a keen eye and I have seen some debates here back and forth . This grill was not modified in anyway by my dad, and from the pic two things stood out one of the side shelves although it was on the floor don’t know why was the wide wooden slats the rest were thin. Second thing I noticed it seemed to have had black knobs. I’m sure he got a floor model. Maybe someone swapped stuff ?

Attachments

• 3B7EDD3F-BEB7-4318-BA3B-BC806B898BDF.jpeg
    3B7EDD3F-BEB7-4318-BA3B-BC806B898BDF.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 70F27835-4CF3-46FE-A06B-C1C80AFE2730.jpeg
    70F27835-4CF3-46FE-A06B-C1C80AFE2730.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 37
The mixed slats is definitely a curiosity, but the black knobs are Weber original for the early Genesis 1-5 grills. Great picture, Leandro!

My Genesis 2 came with the gray colored knobs not the black. Narrow slats as well made out of best I could tell redwood or cedar. The grill still had the original slats until the construction workers at my son in law's house crushed it with a machine

My Genesis 2 came with the gray colored knobs not the black. Narrow slats as well made out of best I could tell redwood or cedar. The grill still had the original slats until the construction workers at my son in law's house crushed it with a machine
Yikes, what a shame. I think we can all agree the original genesis were definitely well made. It’s a shame it’s not the case anymore.

Back