Genesis 1000 tank scale

Rick W

TVWBB Super Fan
Looking to buy one of the old fashioned tank scales for the Genesis 1000.
Also looking to buy the flip up side table hardware for the same grill. I need the cross bar that goes across the frame along with the slide bar that goes to the table.

Rick, I would, but I keep pulling parts out to take pictures and measure and calculate postage and then too many times people don't respond or decline due to cost. So, if you tell me what you would be willing to pay, I can determine if it is worth it for me to dig out the parts and photo them, weigh them and calculate shipping. The shipping is going to be a bit high due to the shape of the swing table rod and bracket. But I have sent them before.

Bruce, since the conversation has come to tank scales, how big a headache is the disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly of a tank scale. I know it will depend on just how funky the thing is but, in general. I didn’t do that when I did my maroon refurbish project last spring. It looks like I’m going to get busy on wife’s sons “twin”of mine pretty soon.

I would also like to know how easy it is to disassemble the tank scale, one that I have is missing the spring. Anyone have a spare spring for the old style tank scale?

I have springs and scales. I know a couple years ago I disassembled one and cleaned it up. I don't recall if it was the older or newer type. I also haven't felt the need to do one since but I don't remember it being to bad of a job. My opinion is that they are just gimmicky tank holders and if you rely on the scale, you will likely wind up with an empty tank two hours into your brisket cook.

Back