Genesis 1000 Porcelain Drip Tray

I think the heat shield was added only because it was in a closed cabinet. This was from a Genesis S330/E330 N/S burners with front control knobs. There is a Spirit E330 which might be different.

They are typically welded on with weak pressure welds and often times fall off which might have happened to yours. I am not sure if Weber made them without the heat shield.
Mine was pop riveted in and could easily be drilled out to remove it. I can see the need in a closed cabinet with the propane tank below it if you had a nuclear grease fire in the pan. With the tank off to the side and open cart in the 1000-3000’s I don’t think it would be an issue.

The only saving grace might be that the cabinets on these grills rust out completely so you might be able to pick them up from curb finds over the next few years. Grab the pan and RUN! 😆

I guess you can try calling Weber and hope they may still have these, but they are nowhere to be found new.

Hmmm, I would think some of the resellers would have some, but if not, that is maybe because Weber quit producing them.

BTW: Weber has customer service hours 7 days a week. 1-800-446-1071
or they have a chat function on their website to talk to C/S

Having owned the old round hole tray and the new square offset tray, you will find the new design allows you to scrape the grease into the hole easier.

Very nice! Do you have any idea how long it took to make those? Also, if I had to guess, I would say those are made from 18 or 20 gauge material?

You were right, it's brake. But when you tell someone where to bend it, it is "break". Confusing.

Last edited:
Very nice! Do you have any idea how long it took to make those? Also, if I had to guess, I would say those are made from 18 or 20 gauge material?

You were right, it's brake. But when you tell someone where to bend it, it is "break". Confusing.
Those are awesome. Those look like Genesis 1000 deep box pans. I wish I had a forever drip pan for mine.

I believe it’s 20ga.
I made templates, cut out the pieces, punched the hole and worked the brake. That only took a couple or three hours on my part for the first one. No hurry on my part. Second one was quicker. The welding took a couple of hours each as they had time.
Gerry

Those are awesome. Those look like Genesis 1000 deep box pans. I wish I had a forever drip pan for mine.
Yup! They are for my forever Genesis 2s (which could use a cleaning. BUT, with the materials used in the restore, It won’t hurt to wait and clean them in a couple of years…)
Gerry6953C595-0D05-48C1-8EE4-531CB99F7005.jpeg

Thanks, G!

Just for reference, where I live (SoCal), 14 years ago, TIG welding shops were charging $50/hr with a $50 minimum.

EDIT: Interesting that you used the early style brackets for the drip tray!

Thanks, G!

Just for reference, where I live (SoCal), 14 years ago, TIG welding shops were charging $50/hr with a $50 minimum.
Well, my company and the pipe fitter contractor that did the welding are charging over $100/ hr. now. Working as maintenance contractors has the advantages that we get to do this work on the side.
Gerry

I believe it’s 20ga.
I made templates, cut out the pieces, punched the hole and worked the brake. That only took a couple or three hours on my part for the first one. No hurry on my part. Second one was quicker. The welding took a couple of hours each as they had time.
Gerry
Did you keep the templates? Say yes. Would you like to upload them to the forum in case others would like to try or have it done?

Back