Genesis 1 Restoration: Reassembly

On another note, I also suggest using quality drill bits to actually drill out the screw or bolt after you use the centering bit. If you use cheap ones, you likely will wind up braking cheap ones off inside the hole. The key is to take it slow and let the bit do the work.

Thanks guys. I have a cook box with a twisted off screw on the bottom drip tray rail. I need to fix that before I send it out for blasting. I will use the bits I currently have, but I will likely pick up the HF ones or the other Amazon ones for future use.

Thanks guys. I have a cook box with a twisted off screw on the bottom drip tray rail. I need to fix that before I send it out for blasting. I will use the bits I currently have, but I will likely pick up the HF ones or the other Amazon ones for future use.
Do you re-tap the whole after you drill it out like that?

On that, no, I would not. I would just use a screw that fits, but not real tight. A self tapping screw would be a good solution. But be sure to put a drop of oil on the screw before you screw it in.

I need to go out an scrape out the inside of a lid, then I will probably try to tackle my sheared off screw.

Back