Generation 2 Green Performer

When I put the damper back on, I noticed the center mounting hole in the Kettle Lid was bored out the making the damper not a stably centered attachment. There is play up and down and side to side. Looks like I am going to need a new lid. I guess that was the reason the lid damper was unattached to begin with. It had rotted and had fallen out.

Has anyone noticed that, when you clean the white walls on the wheel with bleach that it tends to deteriorate the white plastic?

Sam
I like you can buy a used grill like this with good bones, and clean it, buy a few parts, and upgrade parts and have new grill for less than a new one. Which are hitting 500.00 yours is top drawer, very sleek the Gen 2's look sleeker than.any model.
Well done, now what is going to be your break in cook?

Thanks Kevin, I am sure when I get around to cooking it will be chicken, but I still have to clean the inside. I need a Gormet Weber Grill grate so I can take advantage of my Cast Iron insert. I need propane for the Gas-Assist. Trying to decide on what 8-inch wheels I want for it still. Also need to paint the bottom wire rack Black.

Thanks Kevin, I am sure when I get around to cooking it will be chicken, but I still have to clean the inside. I need a Gormet Weber Grill grate so I can take advantage of my Cast Iron insert. I need propane for the Gas-Assist. Trying to decide on what 8-inch wheels I want for it still.
Those are all great items, I am 6 1 so height is a good thing, plus it rolls better. The insert is nice for marks on firm meats . I picked up 10 3lb cans of gas at a garage sale for less than 4 cost now.
And now I got a refill adapter to refill them .
Bottom line the performer gas assit is hard to beat on what you can do with it, for the cost. I have 2 love them both. A SNS is a good upgrade also. You have done a lot of small but important you chest to it and it shows to a trained eye.
Love that deep green color really pops.
And chicken is a good choice,with and nice smoke flavor a smell.

I have some SNS Grill hardware already. I am also digging this 4x4 wheel mod for rolling My Performer in the Grass.

Roast Pan Drip N Griddle pic 1 (1).jpgPerformer Wheel Mod.jpg

Trying to Decide 8-inch Wheel Options.
1. Re-order OEM
2. Platinum Wheels (I have)
3. Gen 3 Wheels (I have)
4. Order Classic Kettle Wheels
Daisy Wheel.jpg
Platinum Wheels.jpgGen 3 Wheels.jpg

63050.jpg

Last edited:
You know you make good Sense Steve. I believe I will go with the 3rd Gen Wheels since I already have them, and they are "New". Since I still need some for My "Back and Black" Performer I have found that I can order the inserts of these for that one. It is a 3rd Gen Performer, and the wheels are good on it still, but it just needs the hubcap inserts on it which are broken.

20220415_101246.jpg20220415_101342.jpg

Last edited:
Kevin are those refill adapters dangerous?
Not if you follow the rules i watched 3 or 4 U tube vids on how to refill and then ordered the adapter and a small scale to watch how much is going in. Then do the refill in a open space and you can fill easy and save a few bucks. and now at the price for a 3 lb bottle you save the cost of the scale and adapter in like 3 refills .

Yes, Dan I was considering those for my Back and Black Performer. That is actually my pic of the 8-inch Broil King's, from my 2005 Blue Platinum I am doing a mod on. I put the #3. Gen 3 ones on this 2007 Green Gen 2 Performer. I will post pics later though.

Last edited:

Back