Generation 2 Green Performer

I found this Hidden Treasure in the Charcoal Bin. Cast Iron Sear Grate Insert. What do you think does it look OEM?

Cast Iron Grill Insert pic 1.jpgCast Iron Sear Grate pic 1.jpg

Last edited:
I definitely prefer the old lid. I don’t hate the taco like some people do, but the high strap and thermometer shroud are still pretty decent heat management, and I really like the centrally-located, dual-purpose thermometer. I’m really not a fan of the ‘football’ handle grip, though. I swap them out for handles off of chimneys whenever I can.

I definitely prefer the old lid. I don’t hate the taco like some people do, but the high strap and thermometer shroud are still pretty decent heat management, and I really like the centrally-located, dual-purpose thermometer. I’m really not a fan of the ‘football’ handle grip, though. I swap them out for handles off of chimneys whenever I can.
Do you have a pic of the handle you are talking about?

The ‘football’ grip is the one that came on your Performer. The ones I like are the dark gray - they basically look like the grip on the taco handle from your pics.

Exactly - except in the original charcoal-gray color.

It’s just a matter of aesthetics, though. Nobody has to like the same things as everyone else.

That one was grey, but I dyed it black. If I had one of those to spare, I would dye it black and use it because I like it too. I want black handles and black lid bail rings on this one.

That one was grey, but I dyed it black. If I had one of those to spare, I would dye it black and use it because I like it too. I want black handles and black lid bail rings on this one.
You can buy the black ones from Weber, but they’ll have Master Touch printed on them.

Tried to upgrade the Ash Catcher Ring from 2007 to 2013 and use the same 2007 bowl with the replacement take-off ring and it did not work. The Ring fits on the grill but the 2007 black bowl does not work with the 2013 ring. Just a little experiment I attempted.

Cleaned and Painted the Ash Can Assembly and bought a New Weber Cover. The Ash Can was already black it just needed a little touch up. I cleaned and polished the Steel Ash Ring the best I could. It is not the best job on the Ring, but it is good enough for me.

Green Gen 2 Ash Pan Assembly pic 1.jpgGreen Gen 2 Ash Pan Assembly pic 2.jpgGreen Gen 2 Weber Cover.jpg

Last edited:

Back