G'day from London UK

Jules B

TVWBB Member
Hi all, I'm Jules a frenchie living in London for a looong time, I've been a long time lurker of this forum and only just deeded to join as a member.

I've always liked bbq and grilling but got really into it about 3 years ago and it's been a blast learning, cooking and especially eating and sharing with friends and family all the goodness that I got out of my bbq!

I only have a 22,5 OTG :blackkettle: and a little Smokey Joe :smokeyjoe: so far which isn't much compared to what most of y'all have on the other side of the pond but Stuff in general and Weber especially is much more pricey in Europe and space in London is always at a premium :-(

Anyhow, looking forward to be part of this group, learn and share you you all!

Jules

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Jules, another member from the UK, sure been a lot joining up from there. What you have is what most of us use the most so you're in good shape. maybe a WSM later on for those low and slow cooks.
As you must know by now from lurking on here that we are a fun, friendly bunch so we will be looking forward to learn from you also and we love pictures.

Welcome to the forum Jules. What Rich said is spot on. Interesting question, do you have anything like our Craigslist where people sell things they don't want. Many here have used that resource to get Weber smokers and grills at much better prices. Just a thought but it might be worth pursuing. I know you will enjoy your experience here. Don't forget that many here use their standard kettles to smoke meats so that is a good way to go.

Hi Bib, hi Phil, thanks for the welcome.

Bob, yes we do have something similar to Craiglist it's called Gumtree and I always keep an eye on it, problem is there isn't much on it apart from a few beat up kettles or crappy sub brand gassers ... There is only one WSM for sale on gumtree at the moment but it's far away from me and the guy wants 30% more than the normal retail price for a new unit!! Crazy I know...

But I don't worry, as you said I quite happily smoke low and slow on the kettle and have turned some killer pulled pork, spare ribs or slow cooked lamb shoulder, I just need to figure out how to post pictures on here to share with y'all.

i am already thinking to get a WSM at some point (probably the small 14.5") to increase my cooking capacity and be able to grill and cook veggies and side dishes on the kettle while doing some low and slow ribs in the smoker :) stay tune for more on this.

Jules

For instructions on pics go the the link at the top of the page that says "FAQ". Click on that link and it will have a section on posting picks.

Hi Tony, Ciao Enrico, glad to be here!

Tony where about are you in the UK?

Enrico, ho visto un paio del cibo che tu cucini e sono rimasto molto colpito per la qualita del tuo bbq, non avevo pensato trovare un Italiano en un forum specializzato sul bbq, come mai hai iniziato a barbecue in primo luogo?

Thanks guys, I saw them but I ended biting the bullet (pun intended)! I got a WSM new, it arrived today!

DSCF3485_zpss6tgjgwb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCF3489_zpscioyevqn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Congrats on that great WSM Jules. You and the wife will love the food that comes off it and all your neighbors will come running when you are cooking. Great way to make friends.

Back