Gasser help, high end recommendations.

Would never drop $5k on those rust buckets. Look for a brand made of all 304SS definitely would NOT be Weber. Not Broil King either. Bottom line with something as expensive as a used car I would be looking for it to REALLY last and a Summit will not. Just look at all the issues we see shown here on this board with them
Larry now $5k is a modest down payment on a used car anymore.:rolleyes:

All good info, as the “BBQ” nut in the family I’m just trying to give good info.
The person who is buying it doesn’t mind spending the money, but is looking for good quality in return for it.

Thanks again for all of your input. Looking forward to more.
@Bruno have you seen the Andy Griffith Show episode where Aunt Bee told her Butcher she had a "friend" who bought a side of beef and needed somewhere to store it because her freezer broke down? :ROFLMAO:

... I'm totally just messing with you; couldn't resist.

@Bruno have you seen the Andy Griffith Show episode where Aunt Bee told her Butcher she had a "friend" who bought a side of beef and needed somewhere to store it because her freezer broke down? :ROFLMAO:

... I'm totally just messing with you; couldn't resist.
All good, I haven’t seen that show.
If i had $5,000 and the need for another grill I would get an S6 and save the rest.

What about Lynx?

My friend works for a wolf and subzero distributor and he recommended Lynx and Heston. I may take a look at those.

The feedback on the Summit is exactly what I was wanting to hear, even at 4K if the quality isn’t there then what’s the point.

Last edited:
All good info. And spot on. Two paths. But focus more on what is expected after. For most of us it would be usability with over the top options and quantity.
Here may be an overall status or impressive look. Okay.
For the money I would look into a bbq area and add in the things I need including high heat pizza...
But again if moving it or really having it finish off a landscape or look...

At the end of the day it’s just a grill in a newly remodeled back yard. I was mostly curious about the quality on the new summits, which really at $4,099 that’s not a lot of money.

Them Lynx grills are nice, but **** expensive!!
Yea those are defiantly high end grills.
One of the last jobs I worked on B4 retirement was a 70 storie condo job in Chicago.
On the 45th floor we did an outdoor common area gazebo with 2 Lynx grills.
Being this was right off the lake they speced they wanted something heavy and they got it.

This pic is looking south the two grills are behind the photographer.
That's my baby, had some fun doing that.

1647718596533.png

Last edited:
If it were me and I wanted to do high end grill on a $5k grill budget in what I'm imagining is a pretty costly backyard overhaul anyway, I would create a kind of built in workstation type natural gas grilling area and make it out of brick. The whole grilling area would be an island, and would feature a built in in the center, with slate slabs on each side of the grill and a kind of bar area behind the grill that you could sit and hang out around. But the grill would be a built in natural gas unit, and while I'd certainly want to know about the high end built in units, I'd also be interested in having lights and electricity out there and also making sure that if I wanted to have a mini fridge and maybe some shelves that I'd build those into the brick structure to make a kind of outdoor happy place. Maybe some outdoor heaters worked in too. Just what I'd be thinking like if the grill part of the budget was 5k.

Lynx ARE really good. I have the carcass of one that I picked up in Florida from a guy who got it "who knows where" and was contemplating turning it into a CHARCOAL grill:eek:. I have since bought most of the parts from Lynx that are needed to bring it back, and I even moved it up here to Indiana. Alas, so many issues in my life have sidelined me. Anyone close enough and want to make a good deal?

p.s. The massive stainless grates are of Dave Santana "rcplanebuyer" thickness and quality, and I have a brand new Lynx infrared sear burner..

Front of Lynx.jpeg

Lynx Grates.jpeg

Jon how does the thing work? Does it have what looks like a pull out screen? I was looking at the Blaze site, and even though it's probably high quality, I can't see how it can possibly be that expensive. Then on the Blaze, there's some kind of screen that just screams "You'll need to replace these a lot" involved. I'm really not that impressed with those high end grills now that I look at them. The old Genesis 2000 almost definitely cooks just like those high end beasts. All that said, if someone else is buyin', I'd use one of those high end built ins!

I saw a TEC grill with infrared burners that was around 4000. It was about the same size as a 2 burner spirit. It was well built. It looked good 2 steaks only at one time

Yea those are defiantly high end grills.
One of the last jobs I worked on B4 retirement was a 70 storie condo job in Chicago.
On the 45th floor we did an outdoor common area gazebo with 2 Lynx grills.
Being this was right off the lake they speced they wanted something heavy and they got it.

This pic is looking south the two grills are behind the photographer.
That's my baby, had some fun doing that.

View attachment 47468
Timothy, what trade??

Carpenter, but we did a composite crew with ornamental iron workers, sheet metal workers.
I’m a pipe fitter and there is a lot of satisfaction seeing those jobs completed. My kids think I built all the buildings I’ve worked on, I have to explain to them just a small part, but it’s fun when they ask about a building I did years ago. They are 8 and 10, I think one’s going to be an architect and the other screams fitter.

Last edited:
I’m a pipe fitter and their is a lot of satisfaction seeing those jobs completed. My kids think I built all the building I’ve worked on, I have to explain to them just a small part, but it’s fun when they ask about a building I did years ago. They are 8 and 10, I think one’s going to be an architect and the other screams fitter.
That's cool! Three of my Son's used to work for me when I was a Carpenter foreman.
They are still in the trades, but one branched out to be an Electrician another one Ornamental Iron Worker and my oldest is a window /door guy.
They all have a Carpenter background that came from my Father and Grandfather.

Back