Gasser help, high end recommendations.

Jon how does the thing work? Does it have what looks like a pull out screen? I was looking at the Blaze site, and even though it's probably high quality, I can't see how it can possibly be that expensive. Then on the Blaze, there's some kind of screen that just screams "You'll need to replace these a lot" involved. I'm really not that impressed with those high end grills now that I look at them. The old Genesis 2000 almost definitely cooks just like those high end beasts. All that said, if someone else is buyin', I'd use one of those high end built ins!
The "screen" you see is a huge 304 stainless grease tray that pulls out for cleaning. The screen is just venting and where you pull it from. I have never cooked on this Lynx, so I can't give an opinion on how well it cooks. I am hoping Larry @LMichaels will give an honest comparison between using a classic Genesis and his Wolf. One thing to remember is that this Lynx gives you an enormous amount of real estate. Probably way more than most well-healed people who buy these things would ever use. A comparable new Lynx to the one I have is over $7K; I showed that to my wife at a grill and fireplace store in Indianapolis last year. Probably going for $8K now with inflation!

I have done NOTHING to care for the shell of my Lynx which sits outside and - other than the old pot metal knobs (I have stainless Lynx replacements) and handles (I plan to buy comparable stainless ones) - it is none the worse for this neglect. We say that Genesis grills are built like tanks, but this thing really is built like a tank. That does not extend to the sear burner and fancy igniters, but the actual grill is solid and extremely heavy.

On top of everything else I have the enormous stainless spit and apparently unused THREE-SPEED rotisserie motor for it. You can see it does have a rear infrared burner for rotisserie cooking. And one more plus, it has a huge thick stainless smoker box that has never been used.

It is definitely on my LONG list of projects to do something with this grill. At a minimum I am going to restore the heavy cast burners and try it out a few times. I hope, though, to restore it and find a buyer. Failing in that, I will at least have my substitute for a Vieluxe. :sneaky:

If someone in driving distance wants to take it "as is" with all the new parts, I am in the mood to deal!:cool:

Sorry was away from the house. Trying to retrofit lighting in my daughter's basement and what a Phreaking nightmare. It has a dropped grid ceiling with recessed fluorescent lights. The lights don't work so I figured EZ PZ I will simply remove the recessed and install LED flush mounts. drill a hole, clip them in and done. Noooooooo. I gotta drop the whole darn grid! I digress..............................sorry
Re, how well does my Wolf cook compared to my classic Genesis?
One thing the Wolf has over the Genesis is WAY more heat output (though I rarely use it unless I need insane heat like when grilling tuna), but it also has more flexibility thanks to it's sheer size. Also it has the ability to cook rotisserie and use the grates as well.
Now does it cook better? I would have to say no. As well? Yeah sure. But, it can just simply do more. But, if I had to go to only one grill I think it would be a true Genesis (not the new "fake" ones). To me there was a reason Weber called the Genesis the Genesis back in the 80's. It flew in the face of everything else ( the origin or coming into being of something). In short it was "different". The market was already full of grills like what is now called a "Genesis". Back then Weber truly created something unique and special.
Sorry for the rant. But it's how I feel. Anyway if a choice had to be made it would be an old style original Genesis

Blaze makes a really good drop in gas grill for folks who are putting in an island.... looks like they don't offer a standalone grill like a weber, lynx or wolf.... or charbroil 🤣

Lynx ARE really good. I have the carcass of one that I picked up in Florida from a guy who got it "who knows where" and was contemplating turning it into a CHARCOAL grill:eek:. I have since bought most of the parts from Lynx that are needed to bring it back, and I even moved it up here to Indiana. Alas, so many issues in my life have sidelined me. Anyone close enough and want to make a good deal?

p.s. The massive stainless grates are of Dave Santana "rcplanebuyer" thickness and quality, and I have a brand new Lynx infrared sear burner..

View attachment 47470

View attachment 47471
Jon, If you you were only closer I would add that to my high end grill restores;-) What is stopping you from lighting that bad boy up?

Time, time, time…This winter was caring for my father-in-law who ultimately passed away last month. Now tax returns stacked to the ceiling (on top of two regular jobs). When that ends my wife is very good at thinking of things for me to do and she is jealous of any time I spend on my grill hobby. I really hope this post-April spring and summer will be different. I have said that before, though. I plan to try really hard, and the Lynx is definitely on the list.

Last edited:
And they are closing out their smokefires.

EX4 699
EX6 899

He laughed at me when I asked if they would give an addition discount for a cash sale.

I don't think they can advertise these prices.

Back