Garlic Steak Sammies

Mark Skeet

TVWBB Pro
Outdoor soccer season started today so we were plenty busy. Daughter had a game early this morning, won 4-2, and Dad (me) had a game before lunch, lost 2-3. I still have a few indoor games left including tonight. So we didn't have time for anything huge so we had a late lunch. Bought an old Genesis off CL this week and cleaned it up. Worked out well for today's meal.

Got a top sirloin steak seasoned with salt and pepper and some mixed mini taters season with EVOO and Penzy's Bavarian. Steak would be brushed with garlic butter during grilling.

CI taters first thing to touch the new SS grates.

Steak on with garlic butter standing by.

Flipped and basted.

Pulled at 135, rested and sliced.

Served on fresh rolls with tomato, basil and more garlic from the garlic butter. Taters and small salad complete the plate.

Holy cow that was a good sandwich. I had 2. I might have had 3 if we had another roll. Now I need to get ready to go play soccer again. It should be fun for whoever gets near me on the field - the garlic is already coming out of my pours!

Thanks for looking and have a great night!

My four year old is sitting next to me reading this and saying "wow! Yummy!". I happen to agree with him wholeheartedly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
My four year old is sitting next to me reading this and saying "wow! Yummy!". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is high praise and makes my day. Thanks Jim!

Mark, your Red Weber looks absolutely AWESOME!
Ya know, maybe i should replace the grates on my GenesisGold then i'd (might) use it more... my grates are shot!
Now.. on to the FOOD! LOOKS FANTASTIC! THose baby taters are GREAT all by themselves with the seasoning onum while cookin'...
no butter or anything else required!
And the Sirloin looks PERFECTLY grilled! Dig ? This!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!
dsc04592g.jpg

Yeah man, i'd have a 3rd 2!!

Back