Garlic Parmesan Wings on the 26

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,

I am finally back from my road warrioring and wanted to renew my acquaintance with my kettles. While traveling I ate at a Dick's Last Resort and had Garlic Parmesan Chicken which was very good. I decided to take a stab at adapting it for the grill and use it on wings (the restaurant used it on whole birds). Below are some pics of my first attempt:

Wings Staged After a Dry Brine and Rinse

The Sauce - Butter, EVOO, Garlic, Parmesan Cheese, KS, and BP

Crashers Staged with One Sweet Potato Crasher

Beginning the Cook - Wings on Direct and then Moved Indirect - Grill Running 400F

Mid Cook - Pile Method - Crashers on Direct - Grill Running ~350

Near the End - After Repeated Saucing with Garlic Parmesan and Five Sauce

Some Pineapple on Direct - Low Fire

Plated

A Pic of My Patio Garden (Creole Tomatoes, Jalapenos, and Mint)

This turned out pretty good. It was not close to the restaurant recipe but everyone enjoyed it (they actually preferred it to the Five sauce - which is saying something for my Krewe). I strained the garlic out of the sauce this time. Next time around I will leave it in there. The cheese did not melt into the sauce - I was a bit grainy. Next time I may try the pre-shredded Parmesan cheese (instead of the powdered) to see if that makes a difference. In any case I will keep trying to perfect this one.

Thanks for looking everyone.

Regards,

John

I love Parmesan Chicken and Crash Potatoes. Your's look fantastic John. My wife would love that Crash Sweet Potato. Nice cook. Welcome home.

Looks really good John, didn't know there was anything better than 5 sauce:D
I've found the powdered parmesan is like sand, it won't melt I've had much better luck with shredded.

That powdered stuff is blended with cellulose to keep it from clumping (think newsprint). I think a better method might be fresh parm grated with a fine micro plane, garlic butter bathe, toss with cheese at the last stage maybe just before plating?

Everything looks great John. I love your sauce! I can only imagine the great flavors! Nice job!

John, that looks delicious. Like Rich said the shredded Parmesan is much better for melting. But I'd be happy to take a plate of that off your hands.:D

Back