Garlic chicken?

Arun L.

TVWBB All-Star
I know I have posted more chicken recipes than any other,

Does anyone have a good garlic chicken recipe (using fresh garlic, not powder)? Whether it's part of a marinade, or rub, etc. Just something that tastes very garlicky.

(@Joan, this recipe you posted below has always tasted lemony to me, I can never taste the garlic. But that's ok, I like it exactly as it comes out.

)

I should have a recipe somewhere that uses 40 cloves of garlic ;)
Gonna find it and see if I can adjust it for grill or smoker

Haven't found it yet, but in the meantime I give you
Sounds like something I would really like. Gonna use that for my next grilled chicken.

Another idea is aioli, the Catalan version:
Grind garlic in a pestle & mortar with some salt. Slowly add olive oil, while you keep pounding/grinding. Initially just a very little oil. Keep adding oil till you are happy with the consistency.
And that's it.
I like dipping bread or crackers in it, but you can use it as a side, or on roasted or baked potatoes

We just did this the other night in the Instant Pot, will definitely do again. I would suggest however to brown the chicken first, or better yet, smoke/grill and add later, as the way it is done in this recipe, the chicken was rather bland. The sauce and pasta was over the top in flavor though, and would be very good even as just a separate side. I cooked my pasta separately on the stove by the way.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

Arun, some good recipes there. If you are still searching, let me know. It's not grilled, but it sounds good and easy. It's called "Saute of
Chicken Thighs With Broccoli & Poached Garlic". Thanks to you, it is going in my Make Soon folder. ;)

Haven't found it yet, but in the meantime I give you
Sounds like something I would really like. Gonna use that for my next grilled chicken.

Another idea is aioli, the Catalan version:
Grind garlic in a pestle & mortar with some salt. Slowly add olive oil, while you keep pounding/grinding. Initially just a very little oil. Keep adding oil till you are happy with the consistency.
And that's it.
I like dipping bread or crackers in it, but you can use it as a side, or on roasted or baked potatoes

Thanks for these. I guess I should have specified, I wasn't looking for a whole chicken.

Arun, some good recipes there. If you are still searching, let me know. It's not grilled, but it sounds good and easy. It's called "Saute of
Chicken Thighs With Broccoli & Poached Garlic". Thanks to you, it is going in my Make Soon folder. ;)

Can you post this one? Whether it's legs, breasts, or thighs, this is more what I was looking for. I just want to make sure I use the right link. Thanks. I just saw one recipe that might be what you saw, but it only used one clove of garlic. I'm not sure one glove is going to have the impact I'm looking for.

BTW I don't have an Instant Pot, so looking for either slow cooker, sous vide, pan fried, or outdoor grilled, or baked.

We just did this the other night in the Instant Pot, will definitely do again. I would suggest however to brown the chicken first, or better yet, smoke/grill and add later, as the way it is done in this recipe, the chicken was rather bland. The sauce and pasta was over the top in flavor though, and would be very good even as just a separate side. I cooked my pasta separately on the stove by the way.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

Can this be done without an Instant Pot?

Arun, all recipes for whole chicken can be done with chicken pieces. You just need to adjust the cooking time ;)

Arun, all recipes for whole chicken can be done with chicken pieces. You just need to adjust the cooking time ;)

Thanks. Then looking at the 40 clove garlic one again, I think if I do 3 lbs. of breasts; maybe 3 heads of garlic instead of 4 since I have less meat; and cook it in the oven for 25-30 minutes, it should come out how it's supposed to.

Of course. The Instant Pot is just an electric pressure cooker, you could use the ingredient list and prepare each item however you would want to.

Good luck.

Thanks. So looking at the recipe again, I can cook the chicken in a normal skillet pan, and the pasta in a pot. Correct?

Hope this helps,

Charlie
Did you like the garlic flavor in the sauce?

Thanks. So looking at the recipe again, I can cook the chicken in a normal skillet pan, and the pasta in a pot. Correct?
Sure, cook it any way that you like. Make the sauce items in a deep skillet or sauce pan, which is basically what you're doing in the Instant Pot before pressure cooking. Add the precooked pasta, cream, and spinach, and pour it all over the precooked chicken. Enjoy.

Thanks. Then looking at the 40 clove garlic one again, I think if I do 3 lbs. of breasts; maybe 3 heads of garlic instead of 4 since I have less meat; and cook it in the oven for 25-30 minutes, it should come out how it's supposed to.
Just be a bit careful with chicken breast. They can turn a bit dry if there is not enough moisture or if you remove the lid for too long.
I actually prefer them a bit dry ;)

Back