Garage fried rice

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Last night we wanted to make shrimp fried rice and stir fried veggies. Mother Nature though decided thunder lightning and rain was in order. So garage stir fry it has to be.

Discada hasn’t been used lately so fired it up and started cooking.

C1D8AFA0-3C97-4FA9-B86A-A834E92426B0.jpegB06E737A-5C46-4780-B3FD-E170F145D9B5.jpegBA94698B-9341-4754-BE44-5250E4615F8A.jpegFD791CB4-34C6-4E22-A9BC-D2F2890D7AE7.jpeg61DA4744-CA3D-4927-A321-65C90D8863BE.jpegBB374B26-B0E2-4261-AFCD-57FBE5AC323E.jpeg0101CBEC-1027-42CA-8FBC-5E5AD7528EB9.jpeg136B4DC2-A777-40B9-86F5-46ADDA02A3C0.jpeg

nicely done on the fried rice. Not too sticky. Plus the soy sauce you used wasn't too dark.

Just one suggestion if you have access to it. Try to put some fish sauce over the rice. It's what I do with mine and gives the meat a better flavor.

nicely done on the fried rice. Not too sticky. Plus the soy sauce you used wasn't too dark.

Just one suggestion if you have access to it. Try to put some fish sauce over the rice. It's what I do with mine and gives the meat a better flavor.

No soy sauce was used on this rice. Fish sauce, Sambal Odell and Liquid Aminos. Brown rice cooked day before rinsed several times then places on a baking sheet and into the fridge overnight. Makes light crisp rice every time.

Looks wonderful Case, that rice looks perfect along with the veggies.
Now could you sends us some of that rain, I will gladly give you a few days of our steady 20 mph winds and will even throw in some 40 mph gusts that we've had everyday for over two weeks.:LOL:

Case, I almost panicked and finally I saw the shrimp.

Just one question. How can you reach to stir fry from way down there? lol

Ok, Case, at the risk of hijacking your thread a little, just wanted you to know that after seeing your many fried rice cooks, I finally cooked some up on my Blackstone (I've made many stove top versions, but the Blackstone was built for this!) Turned out great. Day old white rice, some minced carrots, marinated some frozen shrimp, and a couple of eggs. We were a bit light on veggies in the house, so, went with what we had. Finished it with a bit of soy sauce and sesame oil...... Thanks for the inspiration!

IMG_6597.jpeg

IMG_6598.jpeg

Ok, Case, at the risk of hijacking your thread a little, just wanted you to know that after seeing your many fried rice cooks, I finally cooked some up on my Blackstone (I've made many stove top versions, but the Blackstone was built for this!) Turned out great. Day old white rice, some minced carrots, marinated some frozen shrimp, and a couple of eggs. We were a bit light on veggies in the house, so, went with what we had. Finished it with a bit of soy sauce and sesame oil...... Thanks for the inspiration!

View attachment 4926

View attachment 4927

Looks great Rich! Yeah the Blackstone makes stir fry easy. So East is been neglecting the discada.
Veggies have been a tough one here as we’ve only been shopping every two-three weeks. What we have been buying though are perfect for stir fry.. Really miss adding bean sprouts. We have some mung beams and I may try and get them to sprout. Some where we have a sprouter and the temps are getting warmer.

Back