Game Day Chicken Dinner

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Wanted to catch a little football on Sunday, but wanted to grill something too. I put this little cook together so I could accomplish both. Paprika Baked Chicken, Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Cumin-Citrus Carrots. Here goes.

Earlier in the day I'd boiled some Russets on my camp stove. Brought in and cooled, mashed and mixed in some butter, milk, cream and s&p. Just the right amount for my little 1 qt. dutch oven.

enhance

Prepped one pound of carrots. Oiled, cut and tossed them with some cumin, orange zest and s&p.

enhance

Mixed a spice blend of smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, pepper and cayenne. Mixed in spices mayonnaise into 8 bone in, skinless chicken thighs.

enhance

Placed the thighs in one of my Lodge CI pans.

enhance

Everything on the grill. Chicken first as it needed around 50 minutes.

enhance

About 20 minutes later the sides on too.

enhance

Everything done around the same time.

enhance

enhance

Plated it all up.

enhance

Good dinner and a great way to wind up another game day. The chicken was outstanding. We'll probably be having the last couple of pieces tonight. Hope you're all having a good week. We're on fire watch here. Sure ready for the arrival of fall and some rain. Thanks for looking everyone.

Looks really good Cliff. Haven't watched one football game this year, just doesn't interest me anymore.

Another great cook, Cliff, and way to show off your inventory of CI! :) A wonderful game day feast, for sure!

R

Another great cook, Cliff, and way to show off your inventory of CI! :) A wonderful game day feast, for sure!

R

Thanks Rich! The round 12" skillet type pan with the chicken is my most recent acquisition but it's rapidly becoming my favorite. With no handle it's perfect for using on the kettles when the lid is needed. Centers perfectly.

Back