Galley Que Update w/ pics

Jeff Kolodziejski

TVWBB All-Star
Okay...so I finally got around to taking apart and cleaning the Galley Que up. I have to admit though, it was in pretty nice shape, but used a little. It had the typical grime and grease inside the bowl and lid, and ash catcher. Took a little effort to take off 2 of the legs, but with a little penetrating agent, they came out and I was able to remove the whole ash catcher assembly. Everything cleaned up pretty well, and for a grill thats over 50 years old, its in pretty darn nice shape. I do have the original charcoal and cooking grate, but those need to be cleaned up yet.
003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

026.jpg

Hey Jeff when are we gonna have that get together? I need to see this thing up close, that is a really nice addition to your collection. It seems like that grill has found a pretty good home.

Brian

Again congratulations jeff! That's a real jewel! I find it interesting that the design is completely different than any other Smokey Weber ever made. A very rare item indeed! It went to the right home. We can all sleep better now.
icon_smile.gif

AJ...are you asking if the charcoal and cooking grates are the same size as today's Smokey Joe would use? I'd have to put them side by side to verify. I'll check

Brian
Yes, Id still like to do that get together. I'll have to see how much interest there is and who'd like to come. Im guessing June-September would be the times to look at and see what everyones availability would be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
is that a genuine weber troll ?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The brand of troll is DAM. This one is specially fitted with a Weber Klubben hat, apron, and mitt. They are made in Denmark.

Back