Galley Que Update w/ pics

Hey Jeff, I thought someone asked, but I don't know if I saw the answer, does this take the stardard Smokey Joe grates?

Brian

Ok...just got my lazy butt up to go put the old and new grates side by side. The cooking grates are identical in size, the charcoal grate is near identical, but the one from the Galley Que is just a tiny bit smaller in circumference...maybe 1/8" at the most. The only difference I can see was the spacing of the wires in the older cooking grate was wider than the new style. Wire gauge was the same.
So bottom line is that I could put a new style charcoal and cooking grate in the Galley Que and only the most trained eye might notice. Fit would be perfect still.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian O'Neal:
My vote is for all new, it woulkd look so new and fresh. Just my opinion...

Brian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost a no-brainer in my opinion!

i'm one of those that likes to keep things original as much as possible. if not to bad then just use a wire wheel to clean things up and then oil it up. if yer showing off then install the newer stuff but never get rid of the original if at all possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
i'm one of those that likes to keep things original as much as possible. if not to bad then just use a wire wheel to clean things up and then oil it up. if yer showing off then install the newer stuff but never get rid of the original if at all possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll certainly keep the orginal ones George...since they aren't 100% identical to the new grates.

Back