Fridge getting old.......REALLY old

You're lucky. We'd bought a new Kenmore around that time. I think it made it 8 years
I have a Kegmore kegerator from '87 and a Kenmor dorm fridge that my sister used in college back in the early 90's...and that one is in the shed, and both of them are still going strong.
They don't build 'em like they used to.

We have a Samsung French door fridge in the kitchen, with the icemaker inside the freezer, and no water dispenser, 6 or 7 years ago. It's junk. Thank goodness we got the extended warranty, because it had to be repaired several times, for different issues. It's no longer under warranty 😔😬😒
It looks nice though....

Well OTOH we've had good luck with them, my brother has had excellent luck as well. See my story on how his Samsung fridge went through a full on lightning strike which burned half his house (whole top floor) burned off, all the water damage from fire hoses and what not. He's still using it happily to this day
We have Samsung washer and drier as well.
Oh, and our Samsung freezer. All seem to be doing well. Apparently (from what a few of the YouTube) repair techs have reported if you get the ones made in S Korea they work and hold up well

Well OTOH we've had good luck with them, my brother has had excellent luck as well. See my story on how his Samsung fridge went through a full on lightning strike which burned half his house (whole top floor) burned off, all the water damage from fire hoses and what not. He's still using it happily to this day
We have Samsung washer and drier as well.
Oh, and our Samsung freezer. All seem to be doing well. Apparently (from what a few of the YouTube) repair techs have reported if you get the ones made in S Korea they work and hold up well
That's good to know, thank you

Samsung appliances don't have the best reputation for reliability but they sure are pretty
Nailed it!
I blame the Missus😆.
When we shopped appliances for the kitchen remodel, she fell in love with it and would not be dissuaded. Thankfully I insisted on the extended warranty.

We got a POS Samsung stove too. Though the picture doesn't adequately show it, after being replaced twice under warranty, the control panel still flashes like opening credits of "The Matrix"
It's purty though...😑

Attachments

• 20240714_142625.jpg
    20240714_142625.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240714_142736.jpg
    20240714_142736.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 4
Nailed it!
I blame the Missus😆.
When we shopped appliances for the kitchen remodel, she fell in love with it and would not be dissuaded. Thankfully I insisted on the extended warranty.

We got a POS Samsung stove too. Though the picture doesn't adequately show it, after being replaced twice under warranty, the control panel still flashes like opening credits of "The Matrix"
It's purty though...😑
Just be glad you did not buy an LG stove. POS does not even begin to describe how awful it is.

Back