Friday, pizza night

That's a good looking pie.

I wasn't planning for pizza this weekend, but maybe we need to change plans.....

Gary, the pie looks great! My neighbor had that Uuni (the old spelling) oven, too. It was a bit finicky to get the heat right, keep it there, etc. Are you using the pellet "burner", or did you add the gas burner? If the latter, do you like how it works? My neighbor is considering buying the gas conversion.

Thanks!

R

Thanks everyone. Rich it's still just the pellet version. A few months ago I thought about adding the gas burner but I cannot find where it is available anymore. I was having a lot of trouble managing the fire but figured out if there is a breeze to point the firebox toward it. Otherwise it seems to try and flame out or it will burn dirty. I run the fire, wife makes the pies. Makes it much more manageable. I wouldn't want to have to try and do both. Takes about 15 minutes to get it hot 7-800 and I'll feed it a couple handfuls of pellets between pizzas.

One time I was using it at lake Tahoe and between the altitude and boozing most of the day I managed to make one heck of a fireball. Wife poked her head out of the trailer wondering what the heck the noise was. I blamed it on some kids.

Gary, the pie looks great! My neighbor had that Uuni (the old spelling) oven, too. It was a bit finicky to get the heat right, keep it there, etc. Are you using the pellet "burner", or did you add the gas burner? If the latter, do you like how it works? My neighbor is considering buying the gas conversion.

Thanks!

R
I have my eye on the Ooni Karu 16 multi-fuel rig, it's pricey, but it seems to be head & shoulders above the competition at the sub $1K cost.

I have my eye on the Ooni Karu 16 multi-fuel rig, it's pricey, but it seems to be head & shoulders above the competition at the sub $1K cost.
Yeah, Eric, the Karu is a really nice oven. My other neighbor has the 16" Koda (gas), but the Karu gives a little more head room due to slightly taller dome/ceiling. Both are really nice......I've got enough gear that the pellet grill pizza oven was the only thing that would pass muster with the boss! :)

R

Yeah, Eric, the Karu is a really nice oven. My other neighbor has the 16" Koda (gas), but the Karu gives a little more head room due to slightly taller dome/ceiling. Both are really nice......I've got enough gear that the pellet grill pizza oven was the only thing that would pass muster with the boss! :)

R
Oh I hear you loud & clear, I just know from some of your posts that you have a passion for bread making & this just might be the all-in-one unit that takes it over the top.

Thanks everyone. Rich it's still just the pellet version. A few months ago I thought about adding the gas burner but I cannot find where it is available anymore. I was having a lot of trouble managing the fire but figured out if there is a breeze to point the firebox toward it. Otherwise it seems to try and flame out or it will burn dirty. I run the fire, wife makes the pies. Makes it much more manageable. I wouldn't want to have to try and do both. Takes about 15 minutes to get it hot 7-800 and I'll feed it a couple handfuls of pellets between pizzas.

One time I was using it at lake Tahoe and between the altitude and boozing most of the day I managed to make one heck of a fireball. Wife poked her head out of the trailer wondering what the heck the noise was. I blamed it on some kids.
So yours is the charcoal Uuni, right?

No it runs on bbq pellets. I mostly use pit boss comp blend from Lowes as it burns pretty hot and is pretty low priced.

Back