Friday Night Pork Chops & Pan Roasted Veggies

John K BBQ

TVWBB All-Star
Well week # 44 is in the books, it was a barn-burner-roller-coaster whatch-a-ma-deal. Mrs JohnKBBQ went off to hang out with her lady friends and left me to my own devices (aka loosely supervised by my 17 year old daughter).... so, I go down the street and got a nice big pork chop and a bag of prechopped veggies that looked like they needed a good roasting. Here's that inch thick pork chop, heavily seasoned with a mild cajun flavored rub.

IMG-5298.jpg

I tossed all the pre-butchered veggies in a big mixing bowl with some avocado oil and salt and pepper and put them in my 10" CI pan. I put the pan on indirect heat, with and closed the lid on the WSK... veggies took about 25 minutes or so to get tender. Pork chop was seasoned and at room temp for about 30 minutes before I put it on the cold side of the grill as shown. That's a hunk of pecan hanging out in the back there providing a little smoke..

IMG-5300.jpg

After the veggies were roasted and cured of all their vegi-ness. I got busy searing of the pork chop over the hot coals. Flipped every 2 minutes or so until about 130 internal. Scooched the veggies over to the side, put the pork chop in the pan, brought inside for proper lighting and took the glamour shot.

IMG-5304.jpg

Probably one of the best (if not the best) pork chop I've ever made.... I should be smoking some beef ribs on Sunday, I will post a few pics if I do. Hope you all are ready for a great weekend, I know I am! Thanks for lookin!

Back