Friday lunch menu

j. pavone

TVWBB Super Fan
My boss asked me to cook lunch for the crew on friday. Two 8 pound butts and 4 racks of these center cut spares. Here's the catch, i pull the all nighter cooking and get a paid day off on friday. Red potato salad,pasta salad and baked beans will complete the menu. Here are some pics of the meat.
bbqlunch003.jpg

bbqlunch002.jpg

bbqlunch001.jpg

Sounds like a helluva lunch.

Is that the current price at Wegmans for those spares?

j, that's a great price on the Butts, $0.99lb. Spares are high to me as BJ's has them for $1.79lb these days. Butts at BJ's were $1.28lb last Friday when I was in. Anyhow keep the pics coming.
icon_cool.gif
gig you have there with the Boss.

Yes those are the current prices at wegmans. I didn't buy a thing yesterday,we use the wegmans corporate card for things like this. After 1pm on friday i don't think much work will get done after this lunch.

"Pull the all nighter cooking and get a paid day off on Friday", eh? I guess the boss doesn't know you can just fire up your WSM and go to bed.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
"Pull the all nighter cooking and get a paid day off on Friday", eh? I guess the boss doesn't know you can just fire up your WSM and go to bed.
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Here's the catch, i pull the all nighter cooking and get a paid day off on friday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh man! That's a deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j. pavone:
Yes those are the current prices at wegmans. ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
J., I've seen Wegman's advertise the 99¢ price in the past but haven't seen it for at least a month .. Do you know if this price is only at your Wegman's or if it's company wide?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill i would like to say that price applies to all wegmans including out of ny state. The .99 lb for butts has been like that for 3 or 4 months now. Check out the wegmans site and find your closest store then look for their weekly flier

We get the flyer in the Sunday paper each week and it's emailed to me on Sunday mornings as well
icon_smile.gif
Saw it advertised several weeks ago but not lately. We don't make it there very often being as we have a Tops right here on the island and it's so much more convenient. Butt, Wegman's COTC prices are half that of Top's and I need to head over to the Falls anyway so I'll check it out.

Thanks ! And, have fun tomorrow !!
icon_cool.gif

Bill

Butts on at 7pm. Apple wood for the entire cook. Severe weather issued from the weather channel tonight and looking at the current radar is not looking so nice, couple hours away though. You smokers from buffalo are getting it right now. Going outside to sip some beers and wait for the storm.
bbqlunch006.jpg

bbqlunch005.jpg

bbqlunch004.jpg

The last pic is the perfect picture to show that thin layer of meat between the false cap and the true cap. That's pork butt nirvana if you don't trim the false cap off before cooking. The "cooks reward"
icon_biggrin.gif

Pics and butts look great j.
icon_cool.gif
We had major boomers with a tornado warning roll through here around 4:30 - 5:30 PM. Nasty stuff. Hope the storms up your way will miss you and the WSM tonight.

How'd the cook go?

You're in Rochester, so not too far from me. We had some crazy weather last night. Even had some tornados.

Hope everything was ok at your end.

Butts are done and resting in a dry cooler, Ribs still on WSM. I will sauce those about in 1 1/2 hrs. Wild storm last night with even better lightning. The pics are of the butt getting wrapped and the ribs going on at 4am
bbqlunch008.jpg

bbqlunch007.jpg

Back