Friday KFC

Never thought kfc was kettle fried chicken.....great pics and cook.......not quite spring yet I guess.....................d

Your gravy on the grill looks like the perfect finishing touch for the great lookin chicken.

I am amazed at how some of you guys can cook so well using cast iron on a grille. Takes a lot of skill to be able to maintain and regulate oil temp on a grill I can only imagine. Great looking meals no doubt.

Looks awesome! how long do the spuds take?

I normally let mine cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. They are super with a bit of smoke on them!!

Christine sorry I had my warming rack shipped over seas from another fellow member on the site! I too was searching and was just about to build one when I got a nice surprise in the mail!

Thanks again folks for the great replys!!

Take care!

Aren't you supposed to keep the oil at 350º? Was it difficult to maintain a constant temperature for it?

Aren't you supposed to keep the oil at 350º? Was it difficult to maintain a constant temperature for it?

Yes, this is my question also. I tried a paella, the first step is frying the chicken, and I had the grill way too hot.

I would think if it runs hot and you put on the lid and shut the vents it would take a while for the temp to come down, given all that mass of the cast iron, oil. and food...

Would love to hear more...

Sorry guys I missed these questions earlier! When I fry chicken I really don't go by temp..I start with a couple small tester pieces..if the oil is rolling without smoking then I call it good. If I start getting smoke then I kill the vents a little and move the pan off the direct coals ( I try to condense the coals right in the middle!

Also I only fry it up till it takes on a nice crisp and finish it off indirect!

Hope this helps...sorry nothing real scientific...give it a shot!!

Back