free apple wood in mid illinois

David Munson

TVWBB Super Fan
That time of year. Just trimmed the trees. Have not yet cut 6-9" logs for smoking yet but will in a few.

If anyone wants apple wood give me a shout at
d m un s o n @ m t c o . c o m
{get rid of the above spaces for it to work}

located between peoria and peru in illinois.

Hello David:

I don't live in Peoria, but I'll be there in 3-4 weeks to visit Caterpillar. Let me know if you think you'll still have some of that wood available. Apple's my favorite smoking wood.

Dave:

I'll be flying in and meeting a couple of fellow co-workers. One will be flying in from Denver and the other will be driving from Michigan. If you still have some applewood, I'll find a UPS store and ship it back to South Carolina.

If I'm not mistaken (going on memory), I'll be at the Mossburg (sp?) facility. This will be my first trip and I'm not quite sure if this is the correct facility or not. If you're familiar with Caterpillar, it's where they have their prototype engines tested prior to production release.

Why UPS it home? Just bring an extra piece of luggage or an old gym bag and check it. I wouldn't think there would be anything wrong with that.

That's a good thought Jerry. I typically avoid checking luggage because I don't like waiting for my luggage after I get off the plane. This time could certainly be an exception.

BBQ is all about slowing down. Just think of checking your bag as part of the cook and don't rush it. I'd call the airline to make sure they don't have a problem with it, but I don't know why they would. Good Luck.

Thanks Dave:

I'll know more as the test date approaches. This program is notorious for being late during scheduled testing events.

Please don't make any special arrangements for me. I'd hate for you to go through any trouble for me and find out I had to work from 7:30 in the morning till 1:30 in the morning and not be able to make arrangements to meet you on a given day. Early mornings and late evenings are common when I travel especially if presentations are in order.

Thanks again for the offer; I hope this works out.

HEY DAVE!!!

Just so you know, Dave's wood is really good. Got some last year and he's a very accomodating guy...not many folks out there nicer I might add.

Dave - still have the apple wood from last fall. Just now getting to where its good. The oak is still seasoning a bit too.

Dave - you ever think about becoming a judge for comps? There's a CBJ class up in Shannon Feb 19th. Email me if you'd like any of the details. Hope all's well and I might send my father-in-law up your way to get some more apple.

Bill M - Mossville? Engine Plant? Tech Center?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill M.:
Thanks Dave:

I'll know more as the test date approaches. This program is notorious for being late during scheduled testing events.

Please don't make any special arrangements for me. I'd hate for you to go through any trouble for me and find out I had to work from 7:30 in the morning till 1:30 in the morning and not be able to make arrangements to meet you on a given day. Early mornings and late evenings are common when I travel especially if presentations are in order.

Thanks again for the offer; I hope this works out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill, going up for 2007 emission compliance?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe McManus:
Bill M - Mossville? Engine Plant? Tech Center? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe:

I believe the answer to your questions is yes; yes; and I'm not sure. I'll try to find out tomorrow and let you know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Finney:
Bill, going up for 2007 emission compliance? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Chris:

No; I'm not working on that project/program. The company I work for is trying to get some parts certified on one of the new Caterpillar engines used for power generation. We're currently in the late stages of development and things are looking pretty good right now.

Cool Bill. I'd like to learn more about what your doing. We're doing something similar as well. Have fun in Peoria (Ha)...just kidding, I like it there a lot.

Got your e-mail Brian. I am closer to Henry. Across the river (on the east side) and a bit north of Henry Il.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian H:
I'm guessing your somewhere around Metamora. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe,

Can't find your e-mail address. I think (THINKING AGAIN LOOK OUT) that judging would ruin all the fun.

Dave, might just take you up on that offer. I will contact you if and when I get the chance to get down there. Thank you.

By the way..do you think a former Detroit Diesel Allison guy would be allowed in Cat country?

Don't know. Try wearing a T-Shirt and see what the natives say.

Komatsu is also in Peoria. Now that place has some cool things parked outside once in a while.

Dave,

I'll send you an email when I get back to office tomorrow. My father-in-law is in Texas this week, but I know he'll be coming for a visit in a couple of weeks. Maybe he can pick up a bit of wood on his way up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe McManus:
Bill M - Mossville? Engine Plant? Tech Center? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe:
I checked at work today and the testing will be in Mossville at the Tech Center in Building L which, as I understand it, is shaped like an H.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back