Found a FREE copper ss performer under a tree

I am going to do a full repaint restore next summer. I want it functional to use through the winter. The sweep, frame paint, and mocked up control panel will wait til after winter. For now the sweep works really well and makes good contact with the bowl so I will hit the top with sand paper and wool for now. I know its quick but sense it's the older style catcher with the bracket it's all one and I would rather leave that for now. Too excited to use it.

Last edited:
Looks like it could use a new set of sweepers, that’s about fifteen minutes. But it looks like you’ve done pretty well!

Okay I couldnt resist attempting to turn the thumb screw and snapped it. Had to drill it out. Was thinking of which 7409 solution to use then just attempted to put on the 7444 sweepers with the support bar taking the place of the h washer. Worked like a charm with no modding. ����

Last edited:
I I might be having a brain fart, but there's kind of 3 different colors being discussed in this thread. A "copper" has a shiny metallic look. Like a shiny penny. It's fairly new in terms of age.

A brownie is older. The color is similar to the tannish, light brown M&M.

A copper mist is two tone, a brownie with a fade. I'll try to post some pics when I get to a computer

Thanks Dave whenever I searched to find it I kept seeing them used the same.

Back