For my Brothers in Arms

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Getting lots of waves while getting on down the road

NuvPyQX.jpg

Had a family friend who flew with HMS-41! He tried to get me a flight on one of those MH-60's when I was pursuing a Naval Aviation career, but couldn't make it happen. Just getting to wander the hangar and flight line with him for an afternoon was a blast, though!

I'd wave at ya!

Rich

It's fun to haul military hardware, everyone is nice to you, whereas if you're hauling steel and such, all you get is cutoff and the finger, LOL
That truck isn't my truck and even though it's a longhood (389) I wasn't a fan. And that trailer, it's an early model extendable and it's no bueno (imho) But the drive was nice and crowd was good

Chuck you drive that big ole truck?
That thing looks freaking cool 😎.

I’m in logging country.
All of us locals know better than to flip off a log hauler.
We have a thing called accountability up here.
I think a lot of flatlanders must have missed that learning lesson.

I have great respect for truckers, my brother in law has retired from the business after 50 years in the saddle, he retired to care for my sister in law after she had a stroke. He did an incredible job taking care of her right until the day she died! He has started to decline some blaming a lot on the long driving history.
I’ve always been very respectful of trucks on the road, without them there would be nothing on any shelves anywhere! My dad taught me the “flash the lights when the trailer is clear.” Courtesy. Courtesy has become something in short supply. My job is to maintain a level of it higher than the next guy!

Chuck you drive that big ole truck?
That thing looks freaking cool 😎.

I’m in logging country.
All of us locals know better than to flip off a log hauler.
We have a thing called accountability up here.
I think a lot of flatlanders must have missed that learning lesson.
That’s not my usual truck, my usual truck is below. Since I roll in ID, I have to that extra axel, it’s required there. Granted my ID truck is a 567, and the above is a 389 (preferred by most truckers) but I’m actually a beancounter, hauling is my side hustle.

Slideshow

Looks like I’m going to be hauling more stuff for the DOD, I’ve got all the clearance from a past life

The truck(s) aren’t mine, I’m their Controller and I don’t mind multi day hauls. I sit in the sales meeting and one of them said “too bad none of our drivers have government clearance.” Without thinking I said I do and the next thing ya know… I did say I need a better truck, # 80 sucks. My # 35 won’t work too well

Back