For CAT lovers

Never knew we had so many cat-people on the forum. Growing up, I hated cats but about 10 years ago, we somehow got involved in foster care / rescue, and now I love kitties. My boy (a rescue) which I include in a lot of my cook posts. He suffers from being way too cool

b9kol7J.jpg

We have 3 yr olds, brother and sister. Buzz and Olivia, better known as Litten. Do not underestimate her: She is ruthless to vermin and, evidently, fowl. She is on the right, waiting to gut something.
20231216_090648.jpg

En route to work a couple weeks ago, I got a frantic call from my wife. Litten had captured a bird mid-flight. Bird flew in as my wife opened the door. In resretrospect, it was like a suicide mission.
Screenshot_20240229-182728_Messages.jpg

Not all cats, when I was living in an apartment a mouse ran in the front door and into our bedroom. I found said mouse snuggled up against our cat under the bed. I had to chase the mouse with a broom to kill it. In the cats defense, he did like to chase flies.
I had a cat that could catch flies in midair, then eat them. 🤢

Oh you are sooo lucky. Our cat wont even let me pet her. Do you have more than one cat?
Did you cut your hair?

Oh you are sooo lucky. Our cat wont even let me pet her. Do you have more than one cat?
Did you cut your hair?

We're owned by 3 cats. Juno is Hera's sister, still tabby but much darker stripes and a ruddy undercoat. Hera and Thor are the snugglers in the house, and are the best of buddies. Juno does enjoy attention, but very much on her terms.

No, I haven't cut my hair, I just customarily have it tied back.

This is for you, @Joan

View attachment 89032

A still image doesn't convey how much he was purring, and head butting my hand to keep me scratching him. Furrocious little beast.
Few other bits of info about this guy.....

He had a hard start in life. He was picked up in a ditch, too young to be away from his Mama, with fang punctures on each side of his neck. A local feline rescue took him in and got him healthy. How he ended up with us.... that's a beer story.

When he was less than 2 years old, we figured out that he was having some respiratory problems. Lotta money later, and he's now on an inhaler twice a day. He comes to me voluntarily for his treatments, and just rumbles up a storm on my lap. He's trained into the inhaler very fast, and the video I've shown several folks including vets have surprised people with how willing and compliant he is with treatments.

More money...... he's also got bad teeth. 2 surgeries later, and he's only got 5 teeth left. At some point, he'll have the rest of his teeth extracted. He's still eating hard food.

We know that he's not likely to have a long and happy life, but we're gonna do what we can to make sure that he's happy and as comfortable as he can be.

Back