Fondant taters

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
I posted this with another cool a few years back. I’m sure people are looking for side dishes and this one hits big on presents and flavor.
I’ll be serving these along side the prime
rib for Christmas.

Pre-heat oven to 425

2-3 russet potatoes
1 cup chicken st
3-4 tablespoons butter
2-3 cloves garlic, smashed
3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt and pepper

In a large heavy oven proof skillet over high heat, heat vegetable oil until it shimmers.
Reduce heat to medium, add potatoes flat side down into oil and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
When golden, flip potatoes. *prior to adding butter and rosemary remove as much oil as possible. Add butter, garlic and rosemary. Baste tops with butter using rosemary as a mop let other side of potatoes get golden, 5 more minutes.
Add chicken stock to the skillet and place in the oven. Bake until tender, 25-30 minutes.
Top with fresh rosemary, salt & pepper and serve.

076F881D-8416-4A2E-9E6E-03D3A2DD5409.jpeg

3FCF50F2-03D9-4DFB-85A1-994236A3534C.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm looking for a tater recipe for X-mas. So you don't peel the skins, just square off the bottom and top, slice off the sides like a pentagon and divide into thirds?

I'm looking for a tater recipe for X-mas. So you don't peel the skins, just square off the bottom and top, slice off the sides like a pentagon and divide into thirds?
Yep no need to peel as you’ll cut them off. You can cut them any shape you want. I’ve done squares, cylinders, hexagons you name it whatever floats your boat .

Thanks for reposting this Case! I hadn’t made these in awhile so I needed a reminder. Mine don’t look as good as yours but the those around our table were Huge Fans!

Thanks for reposting this Case! I hadn’t made these in awhile so I needed a reminder. Mine don’t look as good as yours but the those around our table were Huge Fans!
Glad they were a Hit!

Made cylinders last time out too!

50770585666_b1c04bd31d_c.jpg

Back