Flip Grills, Get Rich $$

THyde, DaveW, Jon and Stefan, great points by all.

Fueling that Weber addiction certainly ranks high on everyone's list it seems.
As I have mentioned previously, the thrill of the hunt is a huge factor for me as well.
At least where I live, you can guarantee at least once a week something will pop up
that starts your pulse racing. It may be a unicorn that you have searched for months,
or a deal that is just simply to good to be true, but when they appear, you have to be
ready to pounce. There are a handful of others here in my area that have the search
game perfected. I am amazed quite often that I am even able to pick up what I do.
It gets pretty cut throat at times.

I also enjoy the social network factor very much. The internet makes so many things
so much easier and enjoyable. Its always good to know, whatever problem you face,
there will be someone on a board such as this, WKC, or WGC that has been there,
and that help is available. Its good to be able to help others out as well. Its also
great to be able to share your successes and failures as well as those others. Sites
such as this often provide inspiration and ideas that I would have never dreamed of.

Amen brothers !!! I like what Dave W said about spending money at the movies, gun range, etc. I don't drink (anymore) so for me to drop $50 or less on a grill is chump change. Most people spend that at Starbucks in a couple weeks. I have something to show for it that brings me joy. I just sold my daily driver, actually the one that started my disease, tonight for $150. It was a 2000ish Silver B that was not totally pimped but everything worked:

crAphbhl.jpg

And last night I picked up another one for $50 so easy come easy go. Pic of last nights adventure (super clean only needs flavs, a wheel, and the utensil hooks are a bit wonky):

NtkS1Lcl.jpg

So I sit on my butt all day behind a computer. Hunting and restoring are what I am into. I guess I made a little profit on my Silver B since I paid $50 for it. The other thing is upgrading your stash and selling off the riff raff. My new batch of grills are getting nicer and I really love the look of square hoods with durawood slats. Anyways this site is the other part of what is important to me. I don't get out enough and you all are my virtual homeboys. God bless you beautiful nerds.

I'm guessing that the local markets some of you all apparently have are seriously factoring into the equation and affecting calculations. Here in Louisville, not many Webers are even popping up. I have all sorts of alerts for CL, FMBP, Offerup, etc set up and I'm pretty sure that I see most of the grills that get posted. They are either ones with seriously rusted out cabinets, with asking prices of $100 or more, or those in nice shape have asking prices of $150-$200 and up. Sure, there's the odd unicorn now and then, but there's no volume that would make refurbing a real money maker here.

Ha:eek:! My wife has less charitable descriptions of my grill hobby:eek:...She could probably lead a support group for spouses of “Weberitous” sufferers.

Jon, lets not put any ideas into our significant others, they can give us enough grief without us assisting them.;)

Back