Flies and Ants

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
How do you protect your food from the fly and ant population while preparing your BBQ outside? Also, how do you exactly prepare your BBQ Cook inside your kitchen, i.e., using sheet pans, Aluminum foil, kitchen plates, etc.?

It depends on what you're cooking. I do the perp work in the kitchen where everything is easily reached. If I am going to use a sheet pan I covered in foil clean up is much easier that way

I do as much prep as possible indoors to avoid having to deal with pests. The equipment used usually depends on what I'm making and how much there is; for example, for steaks I'll use plates while for ribs I like Pyrex baking dishes. I use plastic wrap instead of foil when prepping, since I'm probably either wrapping a chunk of meat or covering a dish.

I try to prep inside but not cause of pests. I find it easier to keep hands clean. However some things are better to prep outside. I can prep and clean meat easier outside making for much faster cleanup. Otherwise I have to clorox the entire kitchen. Missus likes that cause I have to get every nook and cranny. Spotless kitchen but makes bbq not worth it. For outside I try to have plenty of disposable plates and such along with clean tools for e grill. Extras as the cook progresses. I do not want to use a tool that is not sterile at the end. Or really anytime.
For bears stay away. For mosquitoes a bigger grill.

Back