Flashlights!

My four “D” Mag is almost 40 and it’s still going strong. Inherited a 3 “C” unit that I put LED bulb in and it’s really great! EDC now, is an “Olight”single AAA LED but, I seem to errantly turn the damned thing on when diving for a quarter! After six months, I’m getting more cognizant of that but, I have learned to check the thing every few days just to make sure the stupid thing isn’t dead! Like the guy said…”It’s a process.”

I have some large MagLites and I want to make them into LED. But, don't know what to get for those big ones

I'm a streamlight guy. Stinger and switchblade for work and a strion and another switchblade for around the house. They take a beating for sure.

I like MagLites. Have many AA versions and seem to always lose them. Just found my three blue ones (likely have more haha) and a black. Somewhere is my big red 3 C or 3D one.

Also have some Milwaukee lights but lately just been getting Harbor Freight stuff

Lost my olight for a day, I was pissed. Use it all the time at work and the laser is such a time saver when laying guys out.
Not cheap though. If you buy one, the clip on the ones with UV are trash.

I have a 4D Maglite and a Louisville Slugger by the bedside. :) Another 4D Mag downstairs, and my two daughters who are living on their own also have 4D Maglites courtesy of dad. :)

Oh, you are probably asking about a flashlight for light? :) The mags are good, I have a Surefire someone gave me that is more compact (AND BRIGHT!)

R

I have some large MagLites and I want to make them into LED. But, don't know what to get for those big ones
lots of options.

Niteize is a bulb replacement and not that expensive. A friend of mine has upgraded his 3 D Mag with this and it's pretty bright.

There are other options that replace more and cost more.

Have a slew of Maglites. Have had excellent service from them. My ML300 decided to stop charging. Brought it to their offices in Ontario CA. Left with a working ML300 and also purchased 2 ML150LR flashlights one of which was one of first produced.

My run of Maglites...
A long time ago I had a huge Maglite. It took six D cells. It was heavy and bright - and could be used as a bat should the need arise. At the opposite end of the spectrum, I carried a Maglite solitaire on my keyring for many years and found it very useful. Then there were a number of years that I carried a mini Maglite (two AA size). When the LED conversion modules for these first came out I got one - it was the cat's meow. It had three bright white LEDs and one small red one which came on to signal when the batteries were getting low.

My current light...
My daily carry light for the last four years has been a Fenix PD35. This has been a totally awesome light. My eyes are going bad so I use it a lot. I use it for work, outdoors, hiking, working on vehicles, everything and everywhere. Great solid light. There are five brightness settings and a strobe. I usually run it on the lowest setting but sometimes on number two when needed.

To power this light I use a Samsung 18650 unprotected cell. This is a flat top industrial cell (which the light accepts since it has a spring on each end of the battery chamber). So as not to overwork the cell, I never run it down too low - and I don't charge it fully up. Even so, it lasts a LONG time in the light.

I believe the light has circuitry to prevent over discharge of the cell but I've never hit that point. I charge the cell on a "smart" charger that is *supposed* to be safe for 18650s. BUT, I never leave it charging unattended. I'm still on my first cell (haven't worn it out yet).

Back