Flank steak tacos or taco bowls for dinner

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Diamond Member
Got the pre work done mostly, it may turn into taco bowls as we have extra ingredients that may work their way into dinner.
Why is that, well, it’s a balmy just under 90 here with minimal breeze……
Trying to adult with 4% adult beverages as it’s a Sunday of course…..too many and it turns into bowls with nacho chips which really turns out great….kind of like every bite is a custom nacho.
A few pics of the pre work, some tunes included….the flank is about a pound…half kilo.
Picked up a few new long arms and went this morning and had some fun…..
Picture below is 20 yards with a hand operated unit…did pretty good. If you don’t have this kind of fun missing the target at 20 is simple…..hit 19 out of 20 on this one…pretty proud as it was my first 20 rounds.
Follow up pics should be a for sure, also cooking a breast for weekly lunches.

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpeg
    IMG_0367.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0369.jpeg
    IMG_0369.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0373.jpeg
    IMG_0373.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0375.jpeg
    IMG_0375.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0370.jpeg
    IMG_0370.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0371.jpeg
    IMG_0371.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0376.jpeg
    IMG_0376.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 14
This is the tequila flank taco recipe I have posted a couple times previously.
Today however there is no tequila….I am out of entry level tequila which is a reposado, which is still pretty good, but all out.
I cannot dump my Don Julio into a bag and use it as marinade….not sure what it cost you folks down south but for me it’s $100 per 26 ounce.
That works out to about $8 just for marinade and I would rather put it in my mouth.
The fluids this time is double worcestershire sauce, olive oil, water and double fresh lime.
4 hours marinade to keep the protein right and a fast cook, should take about 10 minutes total.

Yes, but the gubment has now outlawed new sales and personal sales.
So none else can have them, and you cannot pass them down on the family line. Once you die they take them I guess
It’s really a lot of BS…I have zero, but they are a lot of fun and I would get a couple if I could.
To own one you had to have the higher class licence and I stopped at long arms….
I like them a lot, great fun plugging groups of 3 at .750 down 200 yards.
Pic above was a 9.

Got the chicken on, looking to finish it before the beef hits the grill….30 minutes or so should get us to the 162 we need.
Once the beef hits the grill it’s about 10 minutes and about the same on rest……we brought out the extra goodies, looks like a few extras and bowls with the chips tonight…….I jumped off the 4% train and just started enjoying my Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 6
Looking good -- keep at it. 😅

Yup! Hunnert percent agree. Live your life. A while back (years) I read that by doing everything right (eat right -- nothing good, don't drink, avoid MEAT, exercise, etc.), you can extend your life by 3-4 months. <Pregnant pause> ok. For all those without arthritis or urinay issues or heaving lungs, go to it. I'm going to work on enjoying!

Thanks for looking, it was nothing special as far as a fancy dish goes, but everything was well made and put together.....it was very tasty and made our mouths very happy!

This is the tequila flank taco recipe I have posted a couple times previously.
Today however there is no tequila….I am out of entry level tequila which is a reposado, which is still pretty good, but all out.
I cannot dump my Don Julio into a bag and use it as marinade….not sure what it cost you folks down south but for me it’s $100 per 26 ounce.
That works out to about $8 just for marinade and I would rather put it in my mouth.
The fluids this time is double worcestershire sauce, olive oil, water and double fresh lime.
4 hours marinade to keep the protein right and a fast cook, should take about 10 minutes total.
My favorite 750ML bottle at around $60 here in Costa Rica!

Attachments

• D4709E2C-1578-45DA-BC16-1E88AAE48CED.jpeg
    D4709E2C-1578-45DA-BC16-1E88AAE48CED.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Back