Fish Tacos on the Genesis

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
We had a 'graduate' in the house today. Our oldest is now a middle schooler. He requested fish tacos and sushi for dinner. Did the fish on the griddle; boneless, skinless chicken for the wifey. Wegmans had some nice cod that seemed to do the trick.

1591924916081.jpeg

1591924937182.jpeg

1591924955823.jpeg

1591924973880.jpeg

When I was in middle school fish tacos had never been heard of.;)

So is NoVA middle school 6-7-8 or 7-8? It seems to vary from place to place, often dependent on the available facilities.

When I was in middle school fish tacos had never been heard of.;)

So is NoVA middle school 6-7-8 or 7-8? It seems to vary from place to place, often dependent on the available facilities.

Depends on the county. Ours is 7/8. County next door starts in 6th.

My youngest daughter and I think that fish tacos look amazing, my other kids would be with your wife. Great cook, my youngest is will be a middle schooler, while my oldest will be going into high school. 😥

Looks great! Your middle schooler has great taste! My oldest graduated high school last year and my youngest graduated 8th this year and onto high school next year.

The first time I heard of a fish taco was in a mountain biking magazine in the mid 90s. The writer, Zapata Espinoza, lived in California and mentioned chowing down on fish tacos after a ride. I couldn't figure out whether he was joking. :)

They eventually worked their way across the country. Now I love them, and that cod looks really nice.

The first time I heard of a fish taco was in a mountain biking magazine in the mid 90s. The writer, Zapata Espinoza, lived in California and mentioned chowing down on fish tacos after a ride. I couldn't figure out whether he was joking. :)

I used to read Mountain Bike Action all the time. I wonder what happened to Zap? Remember all the fine print ads for bike parts, like Cambria Bike Outfitters? Ahh, mail order pre-internet.

That fish looks terrific! I’ve never tried making fish tacos because I couldn’t do justice to them compared to what is readily available around here.

Nice looking tacos. Great to hear your son is a foodie. When we ask my 10 year old daughter what she would like to have for dinner it's always planked salmon or filet mignon. I didn't even care for steak or salmon at 10.

Nice looking tacos. Great to hear your son is a foodie. When we ask my 10 year old daughter what she would like to have for dinner it's always planked salmon or filet mignon. I didn't even care for steak or salmon at 10.

My kids used to eat steak like crazy. Now they won't at all. They're coming around on pork chops though (but my wife won't touch them).

My kids used to eat steak like crazy. Now they won't at all. They're coming around on pork chops though (but my wife won't touch them).
Jim,
I am with you my wife and older two kids won't hardly touch beef or Seafood, so it is a lot of chicken and pork for me. I went to the local farmers market today and got some ribs, a pork tenderloin roast, and a, whole chicken, but the butcher pulled out a brisket point and was like this is what you need to get to smoke, and I thought about it, but could not justify it until I can have guests over to share it with me, but man I am sitting here regretting not picking it up.

Back